Chapter Seven-Dreams

The Christmas holiday had not been very pleasant for either of them. Harry could not help but think that Draco had actually told him he wanted to kiss him. A part of him thought that it was impossible and that he should just forget about it. But he couldn't, and it kept him up at night. He was scared of the dreams that it brought. Night after night he got closer to kissing Draco.

It was not only what Draco had said at the D.A meetings, but it was also what he had said before he had left for the burrow. "I don't have time for this when you're ready to come to confess your love for me, come and find me." Did that mean that Draco thought that He was in love with him? Harry wished he wouldn't have gone and talked to Malfoy about it. He was probably now thinking of ways to take advantage of this.

The Weasleys noticed his distress, he didn't necessarily have to lie, it was not hard because there were many things in his life that could have caused him much stress, Umbridge, the O.W.L.S, Hagrid's job being threatened. Everyone, apart from Ron and Hermione, believed him. After all, They were all valid reasons. But he had never brought up any of those things with Ron or Hermione as much of stress causes before, so why would he bring it up now with Ron's whole family?

On the last day before the holiday would end, Hermione confronted him about his behavior, Harry stared blankly as she expressed her concern

"Harry, the last time you were afflicted with this kind of anxiety it was before the Triwizard tournament, are you really feeling that anxious about O.W.L.S or about Umbridge? I want to help you, I want you to be okay, but I can't help you unless you tell me the problem."

He thought about whether he ought to tell her about his dreams. Surely she wouldn't judge him for it, she was his friend, she wouldn't care. Or would she? She hated Malfoy, how would she feel if he told her about his dreams.

"You can trust me, Harry. You're my best friend, I just want you to be Happy again."

Maybe he should tell her, she might be able to help. "Maybe we should go outside," he said deciding that he needed her help. She got up apprehensively, and they left the Weasleys sitting room. Pushing through the crowded kitchen out to the back where the veneer of snow on the ground twinkled from the sun's vibrant rays making it even brighter than normal.

They walked in silence down the garden path and out the gate. Making sure they couldn't be seen from the house, Harry leaned against a willow tree, crossing one leg over the other.

"Hermione, I have been having some pretty odd dreams lately and-"

"I know that, Harry. The one where you're in the ministry by the department of mysteries?"

Annoyed by the interruption he continued, "yes, but those dreams often get interrupted whilst attempting to open the door. But-" he hesitated. " the dream that keeps interrupting is, okay let me start from the beginning. The first D.A meeting. I was arguing with Malfoy, and then he said something that, to me, sounded like 'I want to kiss you' but when he repeated it he said 'I want to kick you' so naturally I just assumed that's what he initially said. But it kept coming back into my head, the way he said 'I want to kiss you' and I started having dreams about it where he actually does..you know....kiss me, or at least tries, and I'm completely fine with it."

Hermione said nothing so he went on with his story, "any way that soon changed, immediately after Cho kissed me. Now the dream is with Cho instead of Malfoy. But Malfoy is still there, he's just been egging me on. Laughing when, for some reason, I push Cho to the floor instead of obeying his command to kiss her. I think I feel guilty for Kissing Cho, Hermione, to tell you the truth, I didn't like it very much. Not at all. Maybe it was the fact that she was crying and all-"

Hermione stopped him, "Harry, I think you're in love"

"Hermione did you not just hear what I said, I didn't like kissing Cho. It just wasn't right."

"Not with Cho you idiot, with Draco."

There was a moment of stunned silence. Harry? In love with Draco Malfoy? He almost laughed. But he didn't. With scrutiny, he began to look back on all the moments he had talked, or thought about Draco. There were a lot. He remembered Ron telling him one time that he was obsessed with him, after a long night of complaining about him, that had been in his second year. It became apparent to him that he had, indeed, been obsessed with him. Whenever something seemed to go wrong, he would think about him, blaming him and initially, follow him around trying to investigate.

"How could I have been so blind?" He asked.

Hermione laughed, "Oh don't feel bad. Just the whole school has been waiting for you two to confess your love for each other, no biggy. "

"The whole school?"

"Yes, the whole school. You two were constantly pestering each other. All the time. We were all beginning to wonder when one of you two would realize it. God, boys are so blind to love."

He took this in, the whole school. Had Hermione been anticipating this moment? "So what do I do now?"

"Well, obviously you go and tell him-"

"Whoa, Hermione, stop right there. There is no way I can do that. He'll think I'm so dumb. He'll definitely try and take advantage of it too."

"Just wait, I'll explain everything when we get back," she turned back towards the house and left Harry leaning against the tree a bit dazed.

"Wait, explain what? Hermione! Explain what?" He yelled. He ran to catch up to her. It was pointless however, she was not going to explain anything to him until they had gotten back to the school the next day. no matter what Harry argued, she didn't budge. she was too stubborn.