Chapter 10

Joey's POV

I turned around to see Caroline sliding down the wall. What's happening? I looked back at Sam. He looked like nothing was happening. He just sat outside the window and watched. I looked back at Caroline who was now laying on the floor unconscious.

Me: "Caroline!"

I ran over to her. I picked her up and put her down on her bed. I've never seen someone pass out before.

Me: "What do I do?"

Sam: "Calm your tits man. This happens a lot with her. Just wait for her to wake up."

Me: "How long is she usually passed out for?"

Sam: "It depends. Sometimes a couple of seconds. Sometimes a couple of minutes."

Me: "What's the longest she's been passed out for?"

Sam: "I dunno, 6 or 7 minutes? Anyways I don't wanna be here when she wakes up. Later, ass-hat."

I sat down on the bed next to Caroline. I moved her bangs out of her face and kissed her forehead. About 5 minutes later, she woke up.

Caroline's POV

When I regained consciousness I was laying on my bed. When I opened my eyes Joey was staring at me with his bright green eyes. He looked relieved. He gave me a hug.

Me: "I passed out, didn't I..."

He nodded.

Me: "Sam's not still here, is he?"

Joey: "No. He left a little after you passed out."

Me: "Good."

Joey: "You scared the shit out of me Caroline."

Me: "I'm sorry."

Joey: "It's fine. It's just that I've never seen someone pass out before. I didn't know what to do."

Me: "Can I tell you something?"

Joey: "You can tell me anything."

Me: "Every so often I get panic attacks. And sometimes I pass out from panicking."

Joey: "I kinda figured that much. But why did you panic for?"

Me: "I don't know. I think it was from seeing Sam and him saying he wants me back and you guys shouting at each other and-"

Joey: "He wants you back? After cheating on you?"

I nodded.

Joey: "Do you want him back?"

I shook my head.

Joey: "Good."

We continued to talk for a few more minutes.

Me: "Are we still going to Whole Foods?"

Joey: "Do you still want to?"

I shrugged.

Me: "Do you wanna order Chinese food instead?"

Joey: "Sure."

We called a Chinese food place and placed our order. We each got a chicken and broccoli type thing. About 15 minutes later a delivery guy rang the doorbell and gave us our food. I went to go get my wallet when Joey said:

Joey: "I'll pay for it."

Me: "You don't have to."

Joey: "But I want to."

I was too tired to argue, so I just let him pay for it.

Joey's POV

I brought the food into the kitchen. Caroline got some drinks and some forks.