Chapter 47

Joey's POV

Caroline was laying next to me, still asleep, when I woke up at 8 AM. I carefully climbed out of bed and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and began to make breakfast. Sawyer walked out of the office and took a seat on the couch in the living room.

Sawyer: "I thought I smelled breakfast."

Me: "You thought correctly. But it isn't for you; it's for Caroline."

Sawyer: "Ah yes, the birthday girl. Breakfast in bed?"

Me: "Yep."

Sawyer: "It's kinda cheesy, but she'll love it."

Me: "I know. Do you want any?"

Sawyer: "If I knew you would be cooking me breakfast, I wouldn't have already eaten."

I poured a smoothie into a cup and put some eggs and toast on a plate. I placed the cup and plate on a tray before going back upstairs to my room.

Putting the tray on my bedside table, I carefully rubbed Caroline's arm and gave her a kiss on the cheek. As soon as she started to open her eyes I sang Happy Birthday to her.

Me: (singing) "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Matthews, happy birthday to you."

Caroline: "That was beautiful."

She sat up and gave me a kiss.

Caroline: "And I see I'm eating in bed today."

Me: "Yep."

I put the tray on her lap.

Caroline: "Thank you."

Me: "My pleasure."

She gave me another kiss before she began eating.

Caroline: "So what's on the agenda today, mister 'I want to spend the whole day with you'?"

Me: "Ok, first of all, we spend practically every day together. Second of all, I'm not telling you."

Caroline: "Why not?"

Me: "Where would the fun in that be?"

Caroline: "I could name a few places."

Me: "I bet you could. But I'm still not going to tell you yet. However I will tell you that you need to dress warm casual and that we leave in an hour."

Caroline finished eating and then went back to her apartment.

Caroline's POV

After taking a shower and drying my hair, I picked out an outfit to wear and laid it out on my bed. I chose a light pink sweater and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. For shoes I decided on wearing a pair of white Converses and I put on the bracelet Joey got me for our 6 month anniversary.

I put on my clothes and straightened my hair. I used some hairspray after pinning back my side bang. Then I started on my makeup.

As per usual, I put on a primer, concealer, powder, and blush on my face, champagne eyeshadow on my eyelids, put black eyeliner on my tightline, and applied some mascara after I curled my lashes. I put a mauve lip gloss on and took a look in the mirror.

Me: "Good enough."

I picked up my phone to check the time. About an hour had passed since I left Joey and Sawyer's apartment. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door. Joey smiled when he saw me.

Joey: "Hello, beautiful."

He walked in and gave me a kiss.

Me: "Hello, handsome."