Chapter 8

"Mr. Yagami?"

"Yes? Is something wrong?"

"No. No. I would like to inform you of the fact that your son, Light Yagami will be joining us on this case."

"No. I don't want my so-"

"This isn't your choice, Mr. Yagami. This was up to me, and L"

"But why? Why, M?"

"Your son will be very useful to this case. In one way or another." You decided to end this conversation here before you got angry, considering your short temper. You walked out of the room.

You walked over to Lawliet's office, and walked in. He turned around in his seat and looked at you.

"Hey Miyu"

"Hey Ryu, do you think it was a good idea to include Light in this case while his father is here? Considering that he is in fact our main suspect right now, and fathers will defend their sons."

"Don't worry about it, Soichiro Yagami is a man of the law, and we basically are the law. Think about that."

"I understand that, and I have since the beginning. I don't doubt you, or myself. I guess I just don't know what it's like to have a family care about you." You said, tearing up

Lawliet got up from his chair and hugged you, tightly. "Hey. Remember the promise that we made at Whammy's? When we said we would always stay with eachother side by side, case by case. We have never lost to a criminal. Imagine your life as a blessing, not a curse." He said into your H/C hair, hugging you tighter

You started crying more "Thank you, so much Ryu, I don't know what I would do without you." You said into his chest

L pulled away from you, and wiped the tears off your face "Now, his about we go do something fun?"

"B-but, don't you have to work on the case?"

"Not until Light gets here tomorrow, and plus, I'm slightly more worried about you than I am about the case right now"

"Woah, since when are you more worried about anyone more than a case? Since when do you show you emotions like this?" You laughed a little

He smiled at you "Because, you are very special to me. You mean a lot to me"...
"Now, let's go do something fun"

---

L had taken you to an amusement park, one that you went to a few years back, before you left for America.

You went on almost every ride, and decided to go to the games. You and L were looking around, when L saw a basketball game. You saw it too.

"Oh, so you think you can beat me at basketball, ey?" He said

"I don't think, I know."

---

Three games later, and you were still tied, you two had the highest combined score made this year. You had won many prizes already but you decided to go for one more game.

You aimed for the highest hoop, and made it in, then you went for the middle hoop, and made it in, then you went for the smallest hoop. It hit the hoop, rolled around and rolled off. You made a face at the ball, but let L go. He did the same thing as you, but he made all three.

"No fair! I was gonna win!" You say, laughing.

"Too bad for you" he said, picking his prize

"I'm going to grab some sodas and some candy" you say, walking away while L picks his prize

---

You come back with two cans of Coke, and some candy. L was waiting for you at the game booth, holding something behind his back. You walked up to him, and he put his hands in front of  him. He was holding a small stuffed bear, almost identical to the one you had as a kid. He gave it to you and you hugged him.

He hugged you back, putting his head in the crook of your neck.

"Miyu?"

"Yeah?"

He pulled out of the hug, and looked at you.

He slowly leaned in and kissed you.

Your eyes widened for a second, but then you got used to it. You closed your eyes and kissed him back.

There were so many feelings in that kiss, feelings that you felt as well.

You pulled away, and you both decided you would go home.

---

The entire car rid back was in comfortable silence. You looked down at the small stuffed bear and smiled.

You leaned against the tall Raven haired man, and closed your eyes. He wrapped his arm around you and for the first time in about two months  year, you actually fell asleep.

L's p.o.v

I looked down at the beautiful girl that just fell asleep in my arms. I took in every feature, and realized that this entire time she had been holding onto the stuffed bear. I smiled at her. For the first time this month, she looked peaceful. She was happy, and so was I.

---

Once we got back, I decided that I would just carry her in, since I didn't want to wake her up. So I wrapped my arms around her and carried her inside.

Once we got to her room, I realized I needed her key, so I decided to just take her to my room. I unlocked the door and walked inside. Going strait to the bedroom. I laid her down on the bed. She stirred slightly and opened her eyes.

"Ryu?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me?"

"Definitely"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------