søttisju | holy cheesedoodles

week 9, day 1 | at rehearsal

"hey, violet, is naomi okay?"

"okay? is she okay? what do you think, you freaking imbecile?"

"whoa, what are you doing?"

"..."

"violet, let go of me."

"i don't want to take this up in front of everybody, so follow me."

"okay, okay, just...you're hurting my arm."

"oh, boo hoo."

"..."

"..."

"where's naomi?"

"naomi-"

"..."

"-is in the bathroom. she's crying."

"..."

"because of you. you hurt her. you're a freaking idiot for being so stupid that you actually fell for tatia's tricks, and you freaking hurt naomi."

"i know, and i feel so bad-"

"oh, you feel bad? do you think that'll make this okay?"

"no, of course not."

"naomi's heart has been played with and broken before, and she had finally gotten okay. she had finally put the past behind her and moved on. she finally trusted somebody again. do you know how freaking hard it has been for her?"

"..."

"you didn't just break her heart, kieran. you broke her trust. she's never going to feel safe when somebody tells her that they love her, because she's afraid they're lying. she's gonna wonder why she wasn't good enough. she'll wonder why you did this to her, and if there's anything wrong with her."

"...oh my gosh...i need to speak with her..."

"you think she'll believe your side? your side sucks! and she might've told you what happened to her in the past, but you don't know everything. naomi didn't come to school for weeks, didn't speak to anyone."

"..."

"she didn't speak to me."

"..."

"she shut everything out, had several breakdowns, and had to see a psychologist daily. and i remember...how...how bad she looked for months. she wasn't okay. but slowly she became better and better. i mean, of course she changed as a person. became more careless and such, but her mind was healing. her heart was healing."

"i know what i did was bad, but...i didn't kill her brother."

"i know you didn't. i'm just saying that you, well, fucked up. and i know i'm your friend, too, but in this case, i do not take your side. you were selfish, you were a jerk and an idiot, and i almost can't believe you did this."

"please, step out of my way so that i can go talk to her."

"..."

"please."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"ow! shit!"

"holy cheesedoodles, that friggin' hurt!"

"you just hit me in the face!"

"i'm aware. look at how red my hand is!"

"shit, that doesn't look good."

"..."

"here, let me help-"

"i'm fine, just go! try not to mess this up more than you already have."
---