sekstien | he's a boy

week 8, day 1 | at naomi's

"what?! why?"

"it's been a while since we've seen your cousins now."

"yeah, and we've been away so much that we thought it'd be great with a little family vacation."

"but why now?"

"we just had to work a little more lately so that we could have this vacation. and you've been really great with school!"

"but i don't want a family vacation!"

"but you haven't seen your cousins in forever, honey."

"of course i miss them, but i don't want to go there now. we're going there this summer, anyway!"

"i thought you'd like this. honey, why don't you want to leave?"

"mom-"

"it's 'cause she's got a boyfriend now. one she's not allowed to see, that is."

"harold, we talked about this! naomi, kieran's really cool and he makes you happy. of course you can be with him."

"helen, he's a boy!"

"would you rather it was a girl?"

"no! i mean, yes. i mean...it doesn't matter who you love, naomi. if you like girls then you can date girls."

"but if i like boys i can't date boys?"

"of course you can, sweetie!"

"this has nothing to do with the vacation, guys."

"but peter will just end up hurting you...just like lenny..."

"harold!"

"well, now i'm definitely not going on the vacation with you. 'cause i can't stand going there with you, harold."

"you know she's mad when she calls you by your name. you should do something."

"but-"

"harold!"

"naomi, wait."

"what?"

"if you come with us on the vacation, i'll leave you and peter alone."

"..."

"..."

"promise?"

"..."

"harold."

"fine. i promise."

"then fine, i'll come."

"great, we leave tomorrow morning."
---