X X X - [ D A E M O N ]

FEIA AND I stare at each other for a good couple of minutes or so without uttering so much as a word to each other before she breaks eye contact and looks away.

It would seem that the both of us are still in quite a shock from what happened just now, although let's face it—who wouldn't be if they'd just witnessed their worst nightmare?

To be honest, I didn't expect Feia's nightmare to be complete silence. I thought that maybe it could've been some sort of creature or something, not a more complex and more... Interesting nightmare. I did, however, get to experience it with her and literally feel what she felt and it was, indeed, an intense fear and dislike of silence. Something tells me, though, that not even Feia herself knew about her nightmare until now.

On my right, the last gate has opened for the two of us to pass. After going through it, we will be at the center of the Circle, and this little 'journey' of ours will eventually come to an end. Thank fucks for that, though, I shouldn't leave Hell in Bub's hands for too long, I don't think.

I turn towards Feia, who is looking melancholically at the ground. I say her name, but I can't get a reaction out of her. I feel like I should give her a bit of space, so I don't come any closer to her than I already am—instead, I keep calling her name until she finally snaps out of it and ever so sheepishly turn towards me.

"What?" She mutters, pulling at her slender fingers.

"Are you ready to move on to the center of the Circle?" I quietly ask, hoping that she knows that I'm not rushing her. If it is time she needs, then it is time she'll get.

Feia ever so slowly turns her head towards the gate and studies her, probably giving herself a pep-talk of sorts inside her head.

A minute or so passes by before Feia looks at me again and nods. Her eyes are once again filled with confidence and determination once more, and to say that I'm glad that she is back to her usual self might be an understatement.

The things this girl makes me feel.

Standing up, Feia dusts off her clothes and clears her throat. "Let's go." She plainly states, and I get up as well. We then walk silently in the last gate and into the center of the Circle silently, none of us bothering to bring up the topic of our nightmare.

||-:-:-:-:-:-||

"SO. What now?" Feia asks, having her cool back. I swear, the way she changes moods so quickly makes me question whether all girls are this bipolar or not.

I look around, not exactly knowing what to expect. Quite frankly, the center of the Circle looks a lot like the previous levels—what a disappointment.

"I don't know, actually." I admit, shrugging my shoulders. "Perhaps we wait?"

"Yeah, maybe..." She answers rather distractedly, probably thinking of what we will encounter here.

"Welcome, Malum. Christiana Galron." A voice suddenly says as if on cue, making the both of us jerk our heads towards the direction of the sound.

Nothing is visible for a couple of seconds or so, but then someone clears their throat behind us and we swivel our head around once more, curious as to who it might be but most of all determined to finish this once and for all.

"Grandfather?" I ask, confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello again, Daemon." He says, nodding. When I glance at Feia, however, she seems completely unnerved—I suppose that once you pass all the levels in the Inner Circle of Hell, nothing will surprise you as much anymore. Seeing me look at her, my grandfather does the same and greets her as well. "And hello, Christiana Galron."