X I I I - [ C H R I S T I A N A ]

SO THEY'VE FOUND HER.

Correction: they've found her body.

Apparently, a pack of wolves or such decided to feast upon it after I murdered her. Not that I'm complaining, of course, they actually did me a favor; it convinced the cops and my parents that I had absolutely nothing to do with her death when I was the sole reason why she died and ended up in the woods in the first place.

Right now, I am staring at her mutilated body, the limbs still intact either with bite marks or with parts chewed off. I'm bawling my eyes out in the outside, but inside, I'm dancing and celebrating the absence of her presence on earth. Not Hell, admittedly, but still, it's something.

Especially when I get to torture her like mad even though she's not exactly alive anymore.

Who knew that being Satan's Little Helper would be so much fun?

My parents are grieving loudly as they keep me in an embrace so tight it's almost suffocating. Honestly, if this is what it takes to have Lina gone, I might as well keep her alive next time.

Ha.

What next time?

When Mom came with us to the morgue, she nearly fainted for the second time this week. Dad helped steady her, though, and together we made our way to the steel table slowly. There was a large bag on top of it, supposedly with Celina's body inside.

Oh, the body was there, alright.

It's almost unrecognizable, really―if it weren't for her iconic chestnut hair and the silver necklace she always wears around her neck, no one would be too sure just whose body it is.

Mom is crying hysterically into Dad's shoulders while he openly sobs himself, making his shirt wet with both their tears. I've never really seen Dad cry, actually. Usually, when something terrible happens, he usually just quietly mourns to himself or keep his head down in sadness and pity. Guess the death of one of his darling daughters is an exception.

"Lina is with the Lord now, Caralyn." Huh, yeah. Lord Satan. "She is in a better place, simply smiling down at us. I'm sure she wouldn't want us to sorrow over her passing, she would want us to move on with our daily lives." For all it's worth, Dad sounds rather calm and composed as he tries to comfort Mom even though he himself looks like a complete mess.

Mom cries some more until eventually the waterworks start to subside and she is left with swollen eyes and messy makeup. "Y-yes, absolutely." She sniffles and wipes her cheeks. "You're absolutely r-right, dear. Somewhere up there, our beautiful l-little Lina is looking over and guiding us all."

I try to refrain from rolling my eyes at all my parent's assumptions of Lina ending up in Heaven. I mean, have they even met her? The bitch is easily the devil (though that should probably be a compliment by now) and is the absolute worst. Honestly, I don't understand how she has a boyfriend and not me.

Oh yeah, I think and mentally remind myself to give Daemon a little silent treatment later on. Caden would always butt in every time I was with a guy. Goddamn it, Daemon.

Oh, you won't be able to give me a silent treatment, My Sweet. I'm just too irresistable.

I inhale deeply and close my eyes. You watch me, Lucifer. And get out of my fucking head.