X I X - [ C H R I S T I A N A ]

I MUST LOOK like a complete train wreck right now, but I suppose that I don't have enough shits to give to try and improve the way I look.

Those little devils—Arael, Xaeran and Medrin—have sucked all the energy from my body, leaving only enough for me to drag my tired ass around Daemon's home.

I need you to babysit my niece and nephews, he said. It won't be too difficult, he said.

My ass.

"Can we go back now?" I ask, dark circles under my eyes. "I can't even begin to comprehend as to how exhausted I am right now."

"Just a moment, My Sweet." Daemon answers distractedly as he tries to listen to what all three demon children are telling him.

They're so respectful and obedient around him, I think, and can't help but roll my eyes at how fake they are currently being. Jesus Christ, everyone in Hell is so deceiving.

I eye the children disgustedly, knowing more than ever that I can never trust anyone here in Hell, no matter how innocent they look at first glance. I should've expected it from the start, honestly; it is Hell, after all.

"And then! And then!" Arael says as he excitedly jumps up and down, "She threw us all with a flick of her wrist! We went flying across the room and—do you see that crack there?" He points to a crevasse in the wall opposite of us. "It was so cool! We crashed right into that thing!"

"It was like a roller coaster ride, but without a harness! Look, I broke my arm in the process!" Xaeran chimes in, seeming a little too eager for a boy who just broke an arm. Meanwhile, Medrin is right beside the boys playing with her new doll—my sister.

Think of her now as a realistic Barbie doll who can feel anything and everything you do to her. Honestly, turning her into a doll is easy. It's resisting the urge to poke a needle or two in her body that's a little difficult for me.

Daemon is smiling and nodding, but I know that inside he is asking himself just why he decided to appoint me for mundane tasks such as this.

Well, Daemon, don't say I didn't warn you.

"Feia," he says, standing up. "Let's go."

"Great," I mutter, though trust me, if only I have more energy with me, I would scream the word at the top of my lungs.

"Alright, kids. We've got to go now. Take care of yourselves, alright?" Daemon ruffles all their heads, earning a giggle from them all.

"Bye-bye, uncle! Bye, Feia!" They all say together, and it's honestly starting to weird me out a little.

"Yeah, bye, kids." I say, and turn around quickly to leave. Daemon grabs my arm before I can even walk away, though, and the suddenness makes me crash into his chest. "What?" I half-shout, half-whisper at him, not caring if I'm giving him more attitude than necessary; I'm cranky and I need sleep, so you might as well suck it up, Lucifer.

"What the hell did you do with the kids?"

"Nothing!" I whine, and give him a little pout. "They're nightmares anyway, they deserved whatever the hell I did!"

"Them? Nightmares?" Daemon asks, incredulous. He then turns around to see the kids smiling and waving at us from the same spot they were standing on not so long ago. He waves and smiles at them back before facing me and saying, "They're the most adorable demons in Hell!"