12 | exhibition

12

ashton irwin

Getting out of the car we were immediately blinded by flashing lights as we held hands and sifted through the crowd of cameras with ease, Connor looking at me with a smirk once we had stepped inside, "Usually I'm the one with the camera."

With a smile on my face we entered the room where I was the first person to view his exhibit. He let go of my hand as I started to walk slowly through the exhibit. Most of the photos were just photos of peoples faces, pure and raw and I noticed a few sneaky pictures of me.

Continuing to walk along the walls I was starting to get overwhelmed with emotion as I realised that the theme of his exhibition was love and misfortune. Some stories were so mixed that it was hard to tell whether it was one or the other and others were a mix of both, but it was very easy to see that every single photograph was raw, none of it was fake.

I read through some of the interview answers and my heart melted at some of them.

What's one thing you wish you could tell your partner?

That even when I can't say that I love them, I love them. It's hard for me to express emotion with everything I've faced in life and I just want her to know that she's my world.

Are you happy in your current relationship?

Sometimes I'm more happy than other times. Relationships, to me, prove their strength by sorting through everything messed up and coming out alive and together. I believe that no relationship is perfect and there will always be obstacles, no matter what they are.

I took extra time to study each expression in the photos. I hadn't any idea that Connor's exhibit would be as moving as this, and then as I turned around my emotions almost got the best of me as I saw a section about Luke.

"I met up with him the other day, he seemed nice enough." I simply nodded and read everything he had been said and asked carefully, re-reading certain parts over and over. My heart hurt a bit but I simply sighed and moved on to the next section with no hesitation, leaving everything he had said behind.

There was a large television in the middle of the room and it was playing different sections of the interviews, Connor telling me it was parts that hadn't quite made the photographs but he thought still deserved a place in the exhibit.

Moving along to the last section I noticed it was completely full with photos of Connor and I, whether we were alone or whether we were together. I noted some from lazy days, or when we had been out on dates, even some from when we had our frustrations with each other, each photo show casing real, raw emotion.

I walked back towards to Connor and smiled as I stood directly in front of him, taking both of his hands in my own, "I love it, so much."

"I'm glad you do, you inspired me the most." I blushed and looked down towards the ground before looking up at him with a bigger smile, "You're such a sap."

He let out a soft chuckle and leaned forward, whispering, "It's because I love you." before he kissed me. I froze for a second before I placed my hand on the back of his neck and held him closer before pulling away from the kiss and rested my forehead on his, "I love you, Con."

His grin covered his entire face and god, he looked absolutely beautiful, "You've just made me the happiest person." I laughed and gave him a quick peck on the lips before I pulled away, "Time to open up to the public. yeah?"

Worry appeared in his eyes, "Are you sure people will get the message and understand what I was trying to achieve?"

"If they don't then they aren't worth your time, babe. And if all else fails, I absolutely with all my heart loved it."

"And that makes me happy, but not as happy as you make me."

"Sap."

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I've been updating so much, wow. Can we get a few more comments though? Bless, thank you.

Kind of wish the exhibition was real tbh.

Vote, comment, follow, add to reading lists, love you