01 | you

01

Luke and Ashton.

Ashton and Luke.

However you said it, they were always together. And they were happy that way. It didn't matter that Luke was a few years younger than Ashton. It didn't matter that Ashton's dad wasn't particularly fond of the idea that his son was dating Luke. And not because his son was gay, he would love and support his son in almost any direction his life went, it was more that he thought, or in this case knew, that Luke wasn't mature enough for his son. Yet he sucked it up because he knew his son was happy, and that's all a parent really wants for their child.

So all the times that Ashton said he was going out with Luke, he didn't say anything but a simple, "Have fun and remember your curfew!" He would then sigh and collapse into the chair, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he remembered everything wrong with the relationship between his son and his friends son, yet soon he found himself remembering how happy the blonde made his son and he couldn't help but be at least a little thankful.

When Ashton got back, always before his curfew, his dad was there to question him on the night, and the fond smile on his sons face showed him that he wasn't dropping Luke any time soon, "He's surrounding all my surroundings" would be the last thing Ashton would say about Luke and then he would disappear with a grin and a giggle.

Ashton's dad looked up that because he was curious on what it meant, and it lead him to a song by a band called Twenty One Pilots. When Ashton's dad asked him the significance of it, Ashton looked down and blushed, stating that it was their song. And so Ashton's dad listened to it and it was very... Original. And when he watched the video for it he had to re-watch it a couple of times because he was so intrigued by it.

All in all, he bit his tongue and kept quiet, yet Ashton knew his dad didn't like their relationship. So when Ashton's dad sat him down and explained that he got a promotion and they needed to move to a different country, a-fucking-merica no less, Ashton went into a fit of rage, shouting at his dad, who just sat there, when Ashton was finished shouting, his dad sat beside him and threw an arm around him, pulling him close, "Ashton, I'm a single father trying to put food on our table and keep everything in order. We're not moving because of your relationship with Luke, we're moving so that we can have a better life. "

Ashton stayed silent after that, yet he knew that he would need to end things with Luke. He wasn't that much of a fan of long distant relationships and he knew that they would be ending it at some point anyway if they did. So a week after he got the news from his dad, a week closer to moving, he asked Luke to meet him at his place. When he opened the door and saw a smiling Luke, his heart broke, he tried to smile but instead he just asked Luke to join him in the lounge with a monotone voice.

When Luke sat down Ashton sat beside him and held the younger boys hands in his own, looking down and letting out a sigh before explaining everything that was happening. Luke retracted his hands and stood, just looking at Ashton, "You're not even going to try?!" This caused a fight to erupt between the two and Ashton's dad, who was upstairs packing boxes, came down stairs and got in between the two, a firm voice, "Luke, I think it's time you go now."

And with one last glance, Luke left the house in a fury, Ashton looking towards his dad for comfort who just simply told him that this fresh start was going to be good for him, for both of them. Ashton never said a proper goodbye to Luke and Luke had blocked Ashton's number, so Luke's heart broke a little bit more when only a month later, a new family was moving into Ashton's old house.

In a way though, Ashton had said goodbye to Luke, because the morning after they left Luke's mother called him down because there was an extremely small parcel left for him. When he went up to his room and opened it, he found a simple tape with no words on it to tell him what it was, yet when he put it into his stereo he nearly started crying as the lyrics of one song that was on a loop sounded, yet he almost wanted to end his life right there on the spot,

You are surrounding all my surroundings,
Sounding down the mountain range of my left-side brain,
You are surrounding all my surroundings,
Twisting the kaleidoscope behind both of my eyes.

AND I'LL BE HOLDING ONTO YOU 

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It gets happy okay, this is a happy book. So please do tell me what you think of this as it would mean a lot to me.

Vote, comment, follow, add to reading lists, love you