Closure

It was a beautiful summer noon.
The crashing of the waves to the shore sounded like an orchestra especially made for this moment.
The horizon was orange and the sun is just about to set. She chose the motif, canary yellow and periwinkle blue. The aisle was adorned with beautiful tulips and carnations. Everyone was all smiles and was waiting for the bride to arrive.

The scene is enough to take Alden's breath away. What more if she starts to walk on this aisle? Will I be able to survive the remainder of the ceremony? Alden tried to catch his breath. His best man, Derrick, stood beside him and patted his back.

"Ayos ka lang, Den?"

"Yeah."

Derrick smiled. He's still dating Julie who finally forgave herself and continued her craft. After what happened to the three of them, she begged Alden and Maine to meet up with her. Maine forgave Julie, remembering the times when they shared a flat together and how Julie took care of her when she was still new to the independent life. Alden is close to forgiveness, but he still managed to be civil with Julie whenever Derrick brings her around.

Julie laid low from the singing life for a three-month vacation with Derrick. Together, they cruised Asia. The three-month of togetherness made Julie realize how she was so important to Derrick. In these months, she finally opened her heart to him, letting go of Alden and finally letting herself be happy with Derrick. Derrick saw the drastic change in Julie. She's more clingy now (which he likes) and he found her sweet side, too. Her album which will be released next month is solely dedicated to Derrick and their baby. Yes, Julie is 3-months pregnant with Derrick.

Alden looked around, he saw a bunch of people in bliss, all happy to witness the union of two people whose love transcended a web full of lies and a long period of separation. On the far end of the rows of chairs he saw Louise aiming her camera at a flower girl who was busy twirling around. Maine personally asked her to be todays videographer. Louise is good with these kinds of things, she said yes. She became good friends with Maine after the two shared a bond over DIYs and photography.

Louise is seeing a band vocalist based in New York. She decided to leave her father's company to pursue her dreams of being a videographer, the craft which she truly enjoys. She met the band vocalist in the University, she said it was love at first sight. She said she noticed that he was taking her pictures whenever she's not looking, a thing she also did to him. Louise is always a happy girl, but looking at her now, she looks happier. Because she finally found a person she can truly be happy with. A person without inhibitions, a person who can smile a genuine smile for her.

Louise met Alden's eyes and waved at him. She took a photo of him then showed a thumbs up sign. She then turned her attention to the far end of the aisle. The bride has arrived. Alden felt his heart skipping a beat.

Dressed in a beautiful white gown, face still covered with the veil, Maine looked heavenly. Like an angel sent by God just for me. She walked the aisle which suddenly felt like a kilometer long. She was holding a bouquet of tulips and carnations and from behind the veil, she saw her smile. It was the exact smile she gave him the day she first saw her at the shop. Alden felt the same rush to his head, like he was falling in love with her all over again.

"Den, umiiyak ka."

Alden wiped his cheeks, he didn't even noticed he was already crying. "Tears of joy, pare. Tagal kong hinintay to."

They returned their attention to the bride. Maine's father handed her youngest daughter over to him. Alden hugged him, "Welcome to the family, Anak." They shook hands before giving Maine's mother a kiss on her cheek.

"Alden, huwag mo papabayaan ang Menggay namin ha." Alden nodded, this time, he's letting all his tears fall. Everything is just so perfect. Everything is just what he was dreaming of.

Alden took Maine's hand. The smile that took him dashing out from the shop is the smile that she's giving her. She's just so beautiful. And she's mine.

"Tara na, Maine. Let's get married."

"We are getting married, why the sudden hurry?"

"Because I can't wait to spend the rest of this lifetime with you. I want to kiss you right now."

"Alden. We have a lifetime to do that. Let's get married first. I want to be yours right now."

He squeezed her hand. She squeezed his hand back. With the heaven and the setting sun and the waves of the beach as their witness, they vowed their undying love for each other. Surely, destiny made its way for them to meet each other again. And no one, can never ever stop them to be together, forever.

-------------------------------

A/N:

May epilogue pa!