The truth 3

"What are you doing?"

"Watching you sleep."

He returned back to sleep without remembering what had happened between them.

-----------------------------

Maine arrived home feeling elated. She's going to be somebody else's wife! She can already see the future with Alden, their children, their pet dogs and the home that they will build together. She was preparing for bed when Julie arrived. She looked exhausted, she dropped her bag and plopped down the sofa.

"Hi, Julie. How's your day?"

"Nakakapagod, Maine. Hindi ko na ata kaya. Gusto ko na lang umuwi sa amin."

"Julie, napag-usapan na natin 'to di ba? Hindi ka susuko. Malapit na. Makukuha mo na ang break na hinihintay mo."

Maine's phone rang. While talking to the  person on the other end, Julie noticed the diamond ring on her finger. Julie felt a huge lump on her throat, but she tried her best to not cry. She fiddled with her phone to take her mind off then ring on Maine's finger. It's as if the ring was shouting that Alden proposed, and she doesn't need to ask the obvious.

"Oh my god, Julie! Ngayon na daw kami aalis papuntang London! Kelangan na daw ako magstart agad bukas makalawa! Oh my god! Akala ko sa isang linggo pa kami aalis. Hindi ko pa nasasabi kay Alden na aalis ako."

"Maine, kalma. Tawagan mo kaya siya para makausap mo siya."

Maine tried to call Alden, but nobody was picking up. It was late at night, so he must be sleeping already.

"Julie, I have a huge favor to ask you."

"Anything, Nicomaine."

Maine grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and started writing down. She folded it and handed the note to Julie.

"Julie, magkikita kami bukas ni Alden sa cafe ng 7am. But I really need to go now. I should be at the airport 3 hours from now. Buti na lang nakapag-empake na ako. Can you please, please, please hand this note to Alden?"

"Oo naman. Eto lang ba?"

"Ito lang muna. Tatawagan ko na lang siya once dumating ako sa London. Please, Julie, pakibigay kay Alden. Please tell him na rin na I will call him once I'm settled. Also please tell him I'm sorry, hindi ko nasabi agad. It was supposed to be a surprise."

"I will, Maine. That ring on your finger, it's that what I think it is?"

Maine touched the ring and smiled, "He proposed kanina. Julie, he proposed. I love him so much, but I just need to finish this play sa London. Once this is finished, I will spend my every minute with him."

"What if he would ask you to stop?"

"Then I would. But I know he would never do that because he knows that this was my dream all along."

Tears fell down, Julie did not know that she was crying. Maine loves Alden so much, there is no way that she can try to squeeze her little heart between the two of them.

Maine, mahal ko din siya.
Alam mo ba na sa bawat gabing magkasama kayo, iniisip ko kung gaano kahigpit ang mga yakap niya?
Kung paano siya ngumingiti kapag hinahalikan mo siya?
Kung paano niya hinahawakan ang mga kamay mo?
Maine, sana ako na lang ang lahat ng 'yan.
Pero hindi. Ikaw ang pinili niyang mahalin.
Sana lang wag mo siyang sasaktan.
Kasi Maine, kapag yakap mo siya, yakap mo din ang mundo ko.

"Julie, why are you crying?"

"I'm just really, really happy for you Maine. Hindi ko lang alam kung paano sasabihin sayo. Pero masaya ako para sayo. O siya, magprepare ka na, baka malate ka pa sa flight mo."

Maine was able to prepare for her flight in a matter of time. "Julie, my note for Alden. Please make sure makakarating sa kanya."

"Yes. 7am sa cafe. Hindi ko kakalimutan. Ikaw ha, take care of yourself. Tawagan mo ako."

Maine hugged her, "Thank you Julie. Please tell Alden na mahal na mahal ko siya at babalik ako agad."

Julie was able to help Maine carry her luggages. She was holding the note Maine handed her earlier. The fate of these two are in this note. It's completely up to her if this would arrive safely in Alden's waiting hands.