I'll go

2 years ago

Where is she going?
I think I'm going crazy. Why am I following this girl?
Baka isipin niya stalker ako, baka matakot.
Pa'no kung budol-budol siya?

Alden was brisk walking trying to follow the girl, making sure that there is a small distance to avoid looking creepy. They passed by several stores when the girl entered a shop. Alden thanked the seven heavens when this beautiful girl chose a shoe store close to Alden's heart.

Red Roses Shoe Store

The girl entered his college buddy's shoe store.

There are about 5 people inside the shop when Alden entered. An elderly couple who seems to be choosing a pair of leather shoes for the man, a professional looking lady looking at black heels and at the far right corner of the store where the flats for ladies are displayed is the girl, her long hair partially covering her face.

"Pareng Alden! Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Ssssh, Derrick. Wag kang maingay. May sinusundan ako."

"Bakit pre, may atraso ba sayo? Lika, ako reresbak!"

"Hindi, babae ang sinundan ko."

"Aba, Alden bago yan ah! Bakit? Chicks ba? Sexy ba? Maganda ba? Ano pre? Kwento mo dali!"

"Kasi. Ang-ang g-ganda niya. Yung mata nya...yung buhok nya. Tapos nung ngu-ngumiti siya. Tumigil lahat. Hindi ko alam."

"Alam mo, Den, wala akong naintindihan sa sinabi mo pero tutulungan kita. This is the only time thay I've seen you this rattled ha."

Derrick suddenly lowered his voice down to a whisper, eyeing the person Alden was trying (but failing) to describe. The shop will be closed in a few hours so less and less people are coming in.

"Excuse me, may size 6 and a half kayo nito?"

She was staring at him, eyes boring into Alden's soul. Alden was caught off-guard. His heart is beating fast it seems like it's coming out of his chest. What is this effect that she has on him? It's her eyes, he thought. Her eyes are the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen.

Alden was halted from his reverie when he felt a strong nudge on his rib. He snapped back to reality. He was back at the shoe store and in front of him was the lady in the red hoodie he was trying to follow.

"Pre, sabi ko check mo sa stockroom yung size niya."

"Ha?"

"Six and a half. Sa. Stockroom. Miss, pasensya ka na ha, mentally challenged kasi itong kaibigan ko."

Then she laughed. Her laugh is like the wind chime on a sunny day. Sweet and pleasant to the ear. Alden would give everything to hear her laugh again.

"Teka, miss sasamahan ko na itong kaibigan kong retard sa stock room. Baka bigyan ka ng combat shoes nito eh."

"Sige. I'll wait."

Derrick dragged the still-mesmerized Alden inside the stockroom. He started looking and grabbing and shoving boxes and boxes of shoes on Alden's arm.

"Alden, huy pare, dalhin mo to sa chicks mo. Grabe, tulalang tulala ka sa kanya. Go dali! Baka umalis pa yan. Ikaw din."

Alden clumsily walked back to the main store. She was still there, Alden breathed a thank you. Trying to gain his composure back, he guided the girl to a chair where she can fit some shoes. Alden grabbed a slightly lower chair and sat in front of her. He bathed in her presence, she was smiling and he smiled back.

"So, do you have a six and a half of that yellow flats I showed earlier?"

Fuck. Alden cursed in his head. Derrick was shoving him shoes he forgot that she was looking for a certain size. On his peripheries, Derrick was making a ruckus from a distance, pointing on the shoe boxes Alden laid on the floor and the other hand pointing to the woman in front of him.

Alden opened a shoe box and took out the yellow flats slightly covered by parchment. He poised the shoes in front of the girl and as if by instinct, she took out her foot from her right shoe, slowly laying it down onto Alden's waiting lap.

Alden coughed, even her foot is pretty. He felt hesitant touching it but he has to. The girl was looking around the shop, her waiting foot lightly tapping Alden's lap. Mustering all the sanity left inside him, Alden managed to speak,

"Here, I'll help you try this one."

Alden's hands were shaking as he was helping her out to fit the shoe. The girl might have noticed it because of the amused look on her face when Alden looked up on her. She's still wearing her smile. Alden can't help himself, he was staring and smiling at her, too.

"Maluwang," the girl suddenly said.

"Ha?"

"Sabi ko, maluwang. This is an 8. 6 and a half lang ako."

Alden suddenly feared that she will leave the shop. He started fidgeting when the girl stood up and put her shoes back on.

"Miss, kung gusto mo tawagan ka na lang namin when we have stocks for your size na," it was Derrick who spoke to the girl. Derrick was already holding a Sharpie and handed it to Alden.

"Miss, just give your number to my mentally challenged friend, I have to start closing the shop."

Alden was holding the Sharpie and handed it to the girl. She started scribbling down on one of the shoe boxes Alden was holding earlier. She handed the box back to Alden, smiled and left the shop.

Alden looked at the box she handed over, and there a nicely written note made the dimples on Alden's left cheek go a few inches deeper.

0998*******
Para hindi mo na ako sundan.

Maine