Chapter 1

I woke up, startled by my alarm clock. My eyes flew open and it took me a moment to realize I wasn't at my house with my mom and dad, back where we used to live. Now I was in Konoha city, in my too-big apartment with boxes everywhere. I looked around and got up, reaching for my mask that was on my bedside table. Quickly putting it on, I put my shoes on and headed to the bathroom. 

After doing my business, I changed and went to the kitchen. My eyes set on the empty refrigerator. I glared at it for a bit as my stomach growled, and I sighed. I should have gotten a smaller apartment, so I could have more money for food. 

I smiled. 

Oh well, no point on dwelling on it. 

I skipped towards my school bag and exited my apartment. 

Well, this would be harsh. I was a new student at Konoha High. I was actually very nervous, but excited at the same time. I breathed in the fresh April air and clumsily began walking. 

I wasn't really too fond of walking, it was so boring. There were buses, but I don't really like those. Where I used to live there were many trains, but there aren't any trains here. I definitely had feet, though, something I know for a fact because of how fun they are to play with. And so I used them to walk to school. It wasn't too far, anyways. 

As I approached the big school with my head high, and a smile plastered on my face underneath my mask, I heard the bell ring. Was I late?

I looked around and saw the school yard full of students. It was a bit more on the crowded side, but oh well. I pushed my way through the crowd and was able to successfully and, with all of my limbs still in place, enter the school. I looked around inside the building. Lockers, lockers, doors, and lockers. Wow. 

According to the list in my hands, the first class I had was with Kakashi-sensei in room 108. Okay, cool. 

I headed to the class 108 with the map as my guide. 

When I reached the classroom another bell rang. I knocked on the door twice before opening the door and peeking in. In there I saw a teacher with silver hair that stood up in a very weird position. People are strange, I guess. I mean, look at me. My clan was killed about a month ago and I'm over here complaining about my sensei. 

I shook my head to rid my thoughts and I fully opened the door. 

"Hello there, Kaka- wait what was your name? Something with Kaka, or was it Kiki? Hmm, or maybe it was Kika?" I said. A very annoyed look crossed his eye, and I could tell also underneath his mask. 

"Judging by your 'face'" I said, putting quotation marks around 'face'- "I am wrong. Hehe, sorry about that, Kaki-sensei!" I said happily. He sighed and walked over to me. 

"My name," he said with an annoyed tone "is Kakashi." 

"Oh, I knew that, Kaki-sensei!!" I said. I heard some snickering in the classroom. He sighed and shook his head. He lead me to the front of the class. 

"Okay, we've got a new student, class. Uh. What was your name?" he asked, snapping his fingers.

"My name is Tobi~" I replied. 

"Right, okay idiot, you can sit over there next to Deidara, Sakura, and Naruto." 

Ignoring his insult I walked over to the students who raised there hands. "Howdy~" I said to them as I sat down. A girl with adorable pink hair smiled at me. 

"Hey! Call me Sakura," she said politely. Hmm. I looked over at the girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello there!" I said to her. She looked up at me, and so did the other blonde. 

"I don't get a greeting?" The boy with the shorter blonde hair asked. 

"Oh sorry, well you see, I'm a gentleman, so I say hi to all the ladies first," I replied, chuckling defensively. I heard a scoff from the girl. Her eyes were staring a hole into me. 

"Ladies? Yeah right, get your facts straight, idiot. I am a man," he said in a surprising deep voice. 

"Huh? Waahh, you have a scary voice," I said, pretending to cry. Sakura looked at me and chuckled and Naruto laughed. I calmed down and rubbed my neck. "Yeah, sorry about that. Hehe, its just you look like a girl." The blond looked at me again before turning his head and sulking. I smirked under my mask. 

"Hah, that's not the first time I've heard someone say that to him. Call me Naruto," the other blonde said. I looked at him. 

"Oh great! I've made a friend! Oh... Oh great! It's not the meanie!" I exclaimed, pointing at the sulking blonde. He turned his body away and I heard Sakura chuckle. 

"Oh, cheer up Deidara. He seems fun. I mean, funner than school at least," Naruto announced. I smiled. 

"Yeah I'm fun~ Your name is Deidara? I'm Tobi," I giggled, looking at him. 

"Surprised you could remember my name," he replied, tearing his gaze from the window and setting it onto me. 

"Hehe, well how could I forget the name of someone as cute as you~" I responded playfully. All of a sudden I saw a flash of silver. I looked at my desk and saw Kakashi-sensei crouching on it, with a book in his hand and a glare in his eye. 

"Does that mean I'm not cute?" he asked before standing up and brushing himself off. "Stop goofing around, this is school and school is where you learn. Therefore, you must be quiet if an idiot like you wants to graduate," he threatened. I gulped and put my hand to my forehead. 

"Yikes. Yes, sir!" I said timidly while saluting him. He sighed and walked back to the front of the classroom. 

-------------------

I walked out of the classroom and towards the lunchroom. Yess, finally, lunch! 

When I arrived at the crowded lunchroom I instantly saw Deidara. I grinned and walked over to him. He was with a very child-looking guy with red hair and doll eyes, a guy with orange hair and piercings in his nose and ears, a girl with blue hair, and yet another male with blue skin. I skipped towards them and sat down at the empty chair next to Deidara. I tapped on his shoulder when he didn't seem to notice me. 

"Hey, Deidara!" I said, very lively. He jumped and looked at me, an annoyed look in his eye. 

"What the hell do you want?" he asked as I set my tray down. 

"I wanted to sit next to you," I replied. He sighed. He looked over at the other people at the table. 

"Well guys, this is Idiot, also known as Tobi," he said, introducing me. 

"That's me!" I replied. After a few seconds of awkward silence the guy with blue skin spoke. 

"Say, Tobi, what do you have underneath your mask?" he asked curiously. 

"Underneath my mask?" I asked, my hand flying up to touch my mask instinctively. "Oh. I have my eyes, my nose, my mouth, my toe- oh wait, my toe is down there, so that means that it's pretty spacious in here. Wait, is my ear under there? Hm, maybe-" before I could continue rambling I was interrupted by Blue-Creepy-Man-Shark. 

"I mean, why do you wear it?" he asked. I hummed. Why do I wear it? I didn't know myself. 

"I... I guess because it looks cool?" I said. 

"So then you wouldn't mind taking it off for us?" Blue-Creepy-Man-Shark asked. I started at the people at the table. Every single one of them was looking at me curiously, even Deidara. Hmm. My face seemed to interest him. 

I reached up to my mask. I guess I could show them. They began to lean in and right when I was about to peel the mask off, words echoed in my mind. 

Memories. 

A hasty, raspy voice. 

Don't ever take off that mask. 

---------------------------

Please leave feedback if you enjoyed! Is it good? What should I change? 

I'm sorry if this sucks. <3