Capter 69 -filler chapter

(Alice’s POV, Back At 221b, Same Day: )

I was too happy for words when we got back to 221b. I ran in, jumping onto the couch and inhaling deeply. I know that’s weird, but every house has its own smell, and I happened to very much like the smell of tea, dirt, and smoke. It smelled like autumn to me.

Sherlock and John came up the stairs behind me after a moment, John grinning happily and doing the same thing I did, much must more discreetly and calmly. Sherlock came in and immediately went and locked himself in his room. I rolled my eyes and sat in his chair, leaving John to make tea like he always did.

On the ride back, Sherlock had swiped my mobile when it was John’s turn to drive. I caught him and I was not happy. He was reading the texts from that stupid anonymous number. The most recent one had said,

“Another case solved. You’re doing well.” I texted back with the ‘wrong number’ message again, but they didn’t reply.

“Are you feeling okay?” John suddenly asked, coming over with a cup of tea for him and more coffee for me.

“Yeah. Why?” I replied cautiously, taking the cup he was handing me.

“The Hollow.” He said darkly. I bit my lip.

“I’m fine.”

That was not fine.” He insisted. I sighed and took a sip, stalling with my answer.

“I’ll have it checked tomorrow. With Sherlock.” I said firmly. He gave me the, “Don’t mess with me” look. “If I tell you, you won’t let me go on cases!”

“If you’re not in good enough condition to, then no!”

“I am, though!” By now I was beginning to shout, and John was getting irritated as well.

That was not okay!” He retorted, pointing out the door but signaling to the Hollow incident.

That one time!”

“Not just that one time! In the Inn when Sherlock was… admitting he was afraid! You were downing pints and holding your stomach.” I hesitated to answer.

“I’m getting it seen to.” I said quietly.

“Let me!”

“No.” I said stubbornly. He looked like he was about to explode. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“It will be free if I do it, plus you won’t have to worry about getting an appointment. Just let. Me. Do. It.” He hissed, his eyes opening and fists clenching.

“No, John. You will get over-protective (again) and not let me go on cases!” I insisted.

“I am not over-protective!”

“You are. What were you thinking when Henry proposed to me?” I tested. He scowled at me.

“Shut up! Both of you! John, I’m taking Alice in the morning! Don’t worry about it!” Sherlock shouted, sounding rather irritated as he did. John abruptly got up and marched into his room without another word. I was left to my own thoughts, and for the first time that I could remember, I didn’t like it. I brought my knees up to my chin, closed my eyes, and began setting up my Mind Palace.

Just a quick filler chapter. Alices ulcer does get treated, but it never really goes away, and it will show later on. Just getting some information out, so enjoy, vote, and comment, fun peoples! =)