Chapter 22 and 23 (true accedent)

(PLANETARIUM; Alice’s POV: )

We entered the Planetarium through a back exit, we ran about, trying to find the projection room. I heard a bland voice that could only belong to a documentary narrator behind a fancy door. I shouted for the two.

“...composed mainly of hydrogen. Their light takes so long to reach us...” The narrator said in the back ground. We raced into the theatre through the door. As John stopped and aimed his pistol towards the Golem, Sherlock yelled at the top of his voice,

“Golem!” I scowled and aimed at the Golem next to John.

“... many are actually long-dead, exploded into supernovas.” The narrator informed. The Golem looked up, grunted in surprise, then snapped Cairns’ neck and dropped her to the floor. Her fingers dragged along the mixing desk and the footage went into fast-forward again, plunging the theatre into darkness. The Golem ducked down out of sight.

“I can’t see him. I’ll go round. I’ll go!” John said to both me and Sherlock. I began to run down to Sherlock, being extremely cautious of the man-monster in the same room as me. As the footage continued spooling and then stopping and playing before spooling again, light came and went in the room. Sherlock stared around as John hurried off. I arrived next to him and stood back-to-back with him, my pistol trained in front of me.

“Who are you working for this time, Dzundza?” Sherlock shouted into the darkness, saying the Golem’s true name. I moved in front of Sherlock, trying to see ahead into the seats. Behind Sherlock, the Golem stepped out of the fluctuating darkness and clamped one hand around Sherlock’s mouth and nose while gripping his neck with the other. I immediately turned around and tried to find a open spot that wouldn’t injure Sherlock and I would be able hit easily in the dim light.

“John!” I shouted, still looking over the Golem and Sherlock. Sherlock grabbed at the hand on his face, struggling to pull it free as he was slowly suffocated. John raced over and stopped in front of them, his pistol held in both hands next to me.

“Golem!” John exclaimed angrily. He cocked the gun and pointed it at the Golem’s face, his hands and voice steady. I didn’t want to aim for his face; a bit too close to Sherlock’s for me to take that risk. I had lost too many people, seen too many innocents killed. I wasn’t going to take that chance.  

“Let him go, or I-we will kill you.” John corrected himself. Sherlock, whimpering in his efforts, continued trying to pull the man’s hand from his face. The Golem swung him around to the left and lashed out with his long right leg during a moment of darkness, kicking the pistol from John’s hands. I kept my gun trained on his huge figure, ready to fire. Dropping Sherlock to the ground, he surged forward and wrestled with John. Again, I couldn’t get a safe shot. I was getting angry at my helpless fear. As Sherlock got to his feet, the Golem shoved John into him, sending both of the boys tumbling to the floor. I finally had a clear shot, but the Golem had known I was there the whole time. He smirked and tackled me down onto John. Sherlock scrambled up again and took up a boxing stance in front of him, holding his fists up. He swung a punch at the man but he grabbed his hand and swung his other arm down heavily onto Sherlock’s shoulder, dropping him to the floor yet again. The Golem followed him down and clamped both hands onto his face, leaning his weight onto them. John and I had got up and behind him; John threw himself onto his back. The Golem roared, releasing Sherlock as he clawed at the hobbit on his back. He stood up with John still clinging to his back and spun around several times before finally managing to shake him off onto the floor. I took my turn and got shot the Golem in the left leg about mid-thigh. I felt victorious, but the fight was still going strong. As John groggily tried to get up, the Golem turned, yelling out in pain and assuming Sherlock was the one who had shot him, picked up the detective and skimmed him across the floor towards John. As Sherlock slid across the floor he grabbed at the pistol and managed to pick it up. The Golem ran for the doors. Sherlock rolled over onto his back and fired twice towards him but the Golem made it to the doors and disappeared through them.