Chapter 8 -The Great Game

Okay, this one runs a bit long, sorry. Disclaimer again: I do not own Sherlock! I only own Alice.

(Alice’s POV: )

I went home and went into my room, prepared to stay there until Sherlock contacted me. I had changed into shorts and a tank top and was lying on my bed staring absentmindedly at the T.V on my ceiling. Someone knocked and I sat up.

 “Jasmine!” My sister shouted.  I smiled excitedly and let her in; I rarely saw her.

 “Heeeeeeey!!” She said in a squeaky voice, engulfing me in a warm hug. I had to stand on my tip-toes 'cos she was taller than me.

 “Hey! What happened?” I asked, stepping away and brushing some hair behind my ear. She usually didn’t get a day off unless someone higher than her was sick.

 “I uh... just got the week off! I’m not sure why... I figured I would ask Mycroft tomorrow.”  She replied, coming in and taking off her suit coat. She noticed me grimace at the mention of the Holmes, but didn’t ask. She had dark brown wavy hair that went down to her waist. She had more tanned skin than me, as she cared about that kind of thing. Her skin was flawless. Her eyes were a darker green than mine and she had a flawless figure. When I was younger I was always jealous of her. She wore her standard work clothes; a white blouse under a tailored suit coat and an a-line skirt. Sometimes a pencil skirt and a coloured shirt to change it up.

 “That’s brilliant! I just got back from Venice.” I said, plopping back down on my bed and switching the telly off.

“What’d you do now?” She asked knowingly, rummaging through my closet for a shirt she liked.

 “Nothing!” I said as innocently as I could. “Just disposed of some information for the government...” I told. She changed into a nighty with some black leggings, both of mine, and sat on my bed cross-legged, looking at me accusingly.

 “There’s something else. Who helped you?” She asked mischievously. I hesitated.

 “Sherlock Holmes and John Watson...” I said slowly. Her eyes narrowed.

 “Mycroft’s brother?” She asked.

 “No, the maid’s boyfriend. Of course Mycroft brother. How many ‘Sherlock’s are there?” I said sarcastically. She smiled.

 “So you finally got the stuff to go see him, eh?” She asked, looking at me suggestively. I sat up and faced her with my hands up defensively.

 “Hey, no. It’s not like that. I only liked him when I was little. I wouldn’t resort to that. He’s brilliant but I don’t think we’re compatible.” I rambled.

 “Oh? How come you’re gonna go help him on his next case?” She asked, holding up my mobile.

 “Oy! No snooping! That’s cheating!” I cried out, snatching it from her. She laughed.

 “It’s 'cos he... begged me.” I said, wincing. She laughed for a good couple minutes with me sitting there, sulking.

 “He-he begged you!?” She gasped. I scowled.

 “Yes. It’s true! The exact thing he said was,

‘You aren’t boring.’ And then, ‘You aren’t boring. John is. Nothing ever happens to him. I want you to come back when I get a case.’ And I refused but he said that he would text me when he got the next one and I couldn’t really argue.” I explained.

 “Ooooh he liiiikes yooou!” She said teasingly, making her voice squeaky. I looked horrified, at least tried to.

 “He is famously asexual. He is... yeah...” I argued pitifully.