Chapter 35

(221b, Alice’s POV: )

 John sat in the den as – on the other side of the kitchen – Sherlock hurled clothes around his bedroom. I was in there, going through his clothes with him -per his request. With the door open, the noise was apparently distracting and finally John looked up from what he was reading.

 “What are you doing?” John asked, annoyed.

 “Going into battle, John. I need the right armour.” Sherlock explained. He walked into John’s view, wearing a large yellow hi-vis jacket with me behind him, pinching the bridge of my nose. “No.” He said, sounding frustrated. He ripped it off again.

 TAXI

 “So, what’s the plan?” John asked after a bit of riding.

 “We know her address.” Sherlock answered.

 “What just ring her doorbell?” John asked doubtfully.

 “Exactly.” I said happily. Sherlock called out to the cab driver.

 “Just here, please.” He said.

 “You didn’t even change your clothes.” John commented.

 “Then it’s time to add a splash of colour.” Sherlock said eagerly.  We got out of the taxi and Sherlock lead John and me down a narrow street, pulling his scarf off as he went. Eventually he stopped and turned around to face John. I looked at Sherlock, for once left out of his plan.

 “Are we here?” John asked.

 “Two streets away, but this’ll do.” Sherlock answered.

 “For what?” I asked with John.

 “Punch me in the face.” Sherlock commanded, gesturing to his left cheek. My eyes widened.

 “Punch you?” John asked, surprised.

 “Yes. Punch me, in the face.” He gestured to his left cheek again. “Didn’t you hear me?”

 “I always hear ‘punch me in the face’ when you’re speaking, but it’s usually sub-text.” John confessed.

 “Oh, for g*d’s sakes.” Sherlock exclaimed, exasperated. He punched John in the face. As John grunted in pain and reeled from the blow, Sherlock shook out his hand and then blew out a breath, bracing himself. John straightened up and before he could punch Sherlock, I did first.

 “Oh, I’ve been waiting forever to do that!!” I exclaimed as Sherlock stood back up, holding his cheek in surprise at the fact that I did it. As soon as he had stood up again, John immediately punched Sherlock. However, despite his anger – and his left-handedness – he did so right-handed and therefore striked him on the left cheek just as Sherlock had indicated.

 “Ow!” John exclaimed, looking at me in bewilderment. Turning away as Sherlock picked himself up; he flexed his hand painfully and examined his knuckles. “How the h*ll did you do that!?” John exclaimed. Sherlock finally straightened up, holding his fingers to the cut on his cheek.

 “Thank you. That was – that was...” Sherlock began, just starting to get his breath back. Still fighting right-handed, John punched him in the stomach, sending him crashing to the ground. In the street, Sherlock had doubled over with John on his back half–strangling him. John’s face was contorted with pent-up anger and frustration, and Sherlock was struggling to pull his hands off him.

 “Okay! I think we’re done now, John.” Sherlock said, half-choking. I stood, watching the two, not entertained but not wanting to break it up, either.

 “You wanna remember, Sherlock: I was a soldier. I killed people.” John said savagely.

 “You were a doctor!” Sherlock exclaimed.

 “I had bad days!” John argued, finally getting off him. Sherlock certainly looked roughed-up as John breathed heavily.

 Later, with me fake-supporting Sherlock and John behind us and staying out of view, we went up to Adler’s house and rang the doorbell.

 “Hello?” A girl asked. Sherlock stared into the camera wide-eyed and flustered. He talked in an anxious, tearful voice and kept looking around behind him as he spoke. He had his arm around my shoulder and I was rubbing his back and looking at him worriedly. (Acting, of course)

 “Ooh! Um, sorry to disturb you. Um, we’ve just been attacked, um, and, um, I think they ... they took my wallet and, um, and my phone. And, uh, her purse and... Umm, please could you help us?” Sherlock stammered. The girl had been holding back her laughter as she had been listening to him.

 “I can phone the police if you want.” She said, her voice shaking a bit, still trying to not laugh.

 “Thank you, thank you! Could you, please?” Sherlock exclaimed tearfully. “Oh, would you... would you mind if we just waited here, just until they come? Thank you. Thank you so much.” Holding a handkerchief to his cheek, he started to grizzle pathetically. Grinning, Kate buzzed him in. Sherlock and I came in, followed by John. “Thank you.” Sherlock said, still in character. He briefly looked around the large entrance hall. “Er, ooh!” He mumbled. I rolled my eyes; that wasn’t really necessary.

 “I – I saw it all happen. It’s okay, I’m a doctor.” John said, closing the door behind him. The girl nodded. “Now, have you got a first aid kit?” He asked.

 “In the kitchen.” She said, gesturing for Sherlock to go into the front room and looking up and down my body. I pretended to not notice. “Please.”

 “Oh! Thank you!” Sherlock exclaimed. I copied him.

 “Thank you.” John said, as he followed the girl as she headed for the kitchen. 

Aaaaaaaaaannnnd we all know what's next! xD Enjoy, vote, comment fun peoples!! =D