Rainbow Warrior for Titans chapter 3

Chapter 3

I have some explaining to do.

I started to wake up but this time I was still in the big house, and Nico was standing over me staring blankly. I shrieked and jumped back.

“Could you not do that?” I demanded

“Could you untie me now please.” he said with a frown.

“Oh, promise not to kill me first and I will.” I said sweetly

“Fine I promise.” he said exasperated

I untied him and, snapped my whip onto my wrist and it transformed into a bracelet.

“That’s pretty cool. Nico admired, was that from your mom?”

“Yeah, I guess, I just wish I actually deserved it.” I answered.

Chiron came trotting in. “Ah, your awake. And it seems you’ve finally untied Nico. Would you like some supper?”

“You bet I would! I said. While jumping onto his back, High Ho! to the silverware and plates!”

Chiron turned and glared annoyed. “Sorry did you want me to ask first,” I shrugged.

After climbing down his High horse butt, we walked to the dinning pavilion for an Italian supper of spaghetti. Then Chiron asked me to meet him with a couple other campers in the big house after supper. Once I was all finished with supper I ran up to the big house, and I was the last to arrive. Chiron, Nico, and a blonde girl named Annabeth.

“Good you’re here, now we just have to wait for Ella.” Chiron greeted me.

“So I’m not the last one here?” I asked

“No, we are waiting on another new camper; she arrived just a few days ago. Her name Is Ella Wilson.” Chiron said.

“Wait! You don’t mean Ella Wilson daughter of Nyx?” I asked.

“That would be me!” A girl with bleached blonde hair and deep purple eyes, came in the room. She was toned, lean and very charismatic and one of my best friends.

“Kate! Yah made it!” Ella said to me.

“Well, I didn’t give in. I had no choice.”

“What? How you’ve always had a choice.”

“Um yesterday, this freak name Nico beat the sh*# out of me and I passed-out”

Nico rolled his eyes.

“Ok, hey I remember Nico from last summer, wow you’re so dead.”

Annabeth interrupted us. “Whoa, whoa, whoa chill! Rewind, you two know each other?”

My mind was on super speed mode, aka I’m a good liar. “Yeah, Ella’s my cousin! You see when I was 7”

 “What? When did this happen?” Ella interrupted, she had turned her head to look at me, and she was staring blankly completely oblivious off my brilliant plan.

“I think they’re hiding something, they don’t want us to know.” Nico snidely mumbled.

At that point I really felt like yelling, GOOD THINKING, CAPTAIN OBVOUS! But instead I condensed that to flashing him the (shut-your-mouth-or-you-wont-see-the-light-of-day), look.

I turned my back to mine and Ella’s audience, and whispered in her ear. “Just play along or I know they’ll have our skins tanning on a hook.”

“Kate,” Ella grabbed my arm before I could turn around, “They’re better than you think, while you were out I had to tell them my story. Trust me, they’re cool.”

“Ella, after you and left and Conan died, I was still fighting for the titans. I never quit till last minute, and I was punished for it, they’ll never forgive me.”

At this point Chiron was listening over us, literally. He was standing right behind us.

“Tell me, did they have good food in the titan’s army?” he asked.

I turned like I was gonna walk out, and flashed them a smile. But somehow, Nico was guarding the door.

“You better confess” he sneered.

Not a problem, I’ll just take a detour! I thought to myself. But then Ella yanked on my arm, and pushed me on the couch.

“Talk!” she demanded.

I looked around the room Chiron was patently standing there, determined to hear my story. Annabeth looked like well; across between angry with me, and upset about something, she was confusing. Nico, skip him. Ella looked at me; she had the pouty look on, I owed it to her. She was like, my first best friend, and she deserved to hear at least what life was like for me before we met.

“Arg, ok! I give in I’ll tell you.”

Annabeth was the first to speak “Since we already know you were fitting for titans, start by telling us how the convinced you to join them.”

“Fine but tell Nico to put his sword away, it’s annoying me!” I said sarcastically in defiance.

He sighed loudly, rolled his cute chocolate brown eyes, and expressively sheathed his sword.

“There happy now?”

“Please Begin.” Chiron said.

“Ok, it all started 2 years ago in Chicago before my dad when missing.”