[6] I'd rather marry a llama.

[Fall Out Boy- Jet Pack Blues]  

A/N
This is in Emmett's POV, and its skipped to before Ezra found out, when and after so that's why it's kinda EVERYWHERE!

Emmett

She's here.

Everyone's mid conversation was cut off, as she walked down the hallway. This time was extremely different, she was by herself and preoccupied with her daydreams.

One thing about her: she was never alone.

Izzy was oblivious as she mumbled to herself towards her locker. However, I could see that Ezra already knew she held their attention. Ezra was very captivating, every boy wanted to bed her, and every girl wanted to be her. Her raven hair was in waves today, making me want to run my fingers through it. You know, that desire to touch someone's hair that looks so soft and shit?

Ezra was the most beautiful girl my eyes ever laid upon.

That wasn't always the case though, she wore braces, and had an obsession with wearing tacky turtlenecks. As kids, she was just the girl next door and my sisters best friend. She was this really annoying 12 year old, competitive and slightly weird. Countless times, I saw Ezra watch us in their house when I hung out with Charles. I wasn't stupid, I could practically see her black hair poking out. We'd never really talked to each other in middle school, other than awkward greetings at her house, we rarely spoke.

Like who'd talk to a girl who stalks you?

I remembered when she grew out of her turtle necks. Ezra's mother told her the ugly truth, they were out of season. Charles said he never heard anyone cry as loud as she did in the comfort of her treehouse before. I felt bad but ultimately relieved that someone said it, like props to her mom.

The next day, I was by our normal school stop outside my house, annoyed that I had to ride the crowded bus again, when she came.  I almost did a double take when Ezra walked in, wearing a white summer dress and little red boots.

For the first time, she looked...Pretty.

Ezra ditched her braces and brought a whole new wardrobe, becoming a shallow and self-centred cheerleader. But deep down inside, I knew she was that same sweet person. For that, I thought she was beautiful.

An shrill voice interrupted my thoughts, craning my neck down to see a petite brunette with green eyes. "You weren't listening were you!?"

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorr-"

The beautiful brunettes eyes began to water. "No save it, you're always looking at her anyway." she muttered, vanishing beneath the crowd.

I groaned, grabbing my chemistry books out of my locker.

"Dude! You made another girl cry this week. What's up with you?" a voice taunted me. I sighed, turning towards my idiot best friend, Jack.

"I didn't mean it, shut up." I groaned.

Jack scoffed, petting his fake beard, "You know, your always staring off to space..."

I shifted nervously but recomposed into bored expression, rolling my eyes. Jack was really good at reading people and I didn't have time to be pestered. People didn't give him enough credit around here. Just because he was a jock, didn't mean he was stupid. "Yeah, just tired. Dads trying to campaign scouts for me again." Lie.