[3] 'Well look what the cat dragged in.'

" Crocodiles are easy. They kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first."  
~ Steve Irwin

------------------> Hours later <-----------------

Do you ever have that feeling. After spending countless days at school, working your ass off for straight A's, and waking up at 6:00, then you drink your worries away? Some people usually just relax and sleep, but I was different. Alcohol was like a numbing release, and I used it every time I could get.

Okay that sounded like I was trying to be poetic. Let me reframe that, I like being drunk off my ass, and having that thrill. That's better.

My dad weren't particularly thrilled that I went partying a lot, but only agreed if I kept my grades in check. Which I think was hypocritical, because my parents met having a one night stand, and my daddy wasn't partially the brightest of his class. He once asked me how to spell instruments.

Music thumped loudly in the garden, sweaty bodies dancing on the dance floor. I was currently dancing with my best friends, drunk and free. The adults left a hour ago, everyone creating havoc as they went through the door. It didn't take long for us to be drunk, Willa and I have been drinking bottles of champagne to cope with the teachers , after my  Ol' toast. I couldn't stand listening to them yapping all night about school work, but listened anyway. I'm so glad I'm not taking over daddy's company after going to Juilliard. I'd lose my head and probably  be in the asylum. My future husband would probably take care of me, anyway.

Cough cough, James.

We were pretty tipsy and I suddenly wanted some kebabs. The taste and smell of smoked chicken kebabs making me yearn for some right now, mmm yum.

I excused myself, stumbling towards the buffet table. I saw a fresh new plate of hot steaming chicken kebabs, neatly place beside Mr. Carters famous egg rolls. My mouth watered, licking my lips and grabbed three without a napkin. Sometimes I forgot my manners when Bae was near, well when I'm drunk.

I felt someone came behind me, snaking their arms around my waist. I was happily munching on my kebabs, that I didn't realise who it was until I smelt a familiar cologne. I could just distinguish his pine and mint scent, aside from the stench of alcohol.

"James," I breathed. "You scared me," I pouted and turned around not to meet James eyes, but Emmetts.

I gasped, pushing him away. He stumbled, tripping over some chairs that were scattered on the floor. I winced at the sound, but stayed my ground. He stood up slowly, his arms surrendering. "What was that for!" He grumbled and stood beside me, "Just getting food, geez women."

"But you don't get food having you arms around my waist, do you?" I glared, my voice snapping.

He shrugged, a smirk tugging his lips. "I didn't say how I wanted to get my food. I just wanted to get Bae with my...babe." He winked. I think bail just came up my throat.

At school, I've always known he was player, but him flirting with me, was just plain disturbing.

"Okay, if that's what you call flirty, than it seriouslyyy sucks." I slurred, watching him slowly.