Chapter 28

Chapter 28

**

As soon as the words left my mouth, Chase sat upright, with his eyes going wide. "What!?" His voice boomed in the silence.

I sat up straight, looking in front at the clearing and back at the star, where I believe Emma is smiling at me. I looked back at Chase to see that he sat frozen in his place with eyes wide, staring at me.

I gulped and looked down. "Yeah. She's no longer alive. She d-died because o-of me," my voice barely above a whisper.

"H-how?" He stuttered.

"I guess it's time for me to tell you that truth, huh?" I said as another tear escaped me eyes. I snapped my eyes close and took a deep breath.

"Tell me everything." There wasn't any emotion in his voice. I think it's time for him to hate me.

"I think you don't know that Emma wasn't my real sister," I asked as I looked at him with my teary eyes.

"No."

I sighed and looked at the sky above. "Emma was my sister, my best friend, my life savoir. She wasn't my real sister, but I believed that she was my real one. When mom married John, he told me and Liam beforehand that he has a daughter who is 2 years younger to me." I still remember when he called us together to inform us about our sibling that will join our family.

"I didn't have a problem and neither did Liam. We were happy. It's always me and Liam, so we thought if someone else would join our family it will be good. New surrounding, all the past left behind. I was happy that she was a girl. I got a company. Living with boys isn't always fun. She was happy that she had a half sister. We used to call each half-sister and tease Liam for being the only boy sibling in the family.

"She was younger to us, so we used to make sure she was safe. I would be her big sister and Liam would be her big brother as he is to me. We came to New York for vacation. That's where we first saw you. She was happy that she made a friend. I was happy too. Liam didn't come with us because of his studies. That's why you didn't know that Liam is my brother.

"It happened a year ago, when I was fifteen and Emma was thirteen. Liam was home at that time. It was late, but.." I trailed off, biting my lips. My eyes were burning and I could feel the upcoming sobs.

"But?" He insisted.

I looked at him and back to the fingers on my lap. "You're going to hate me for this, but I swear I didn't want anything to happen." Finally a sob escaped my throat. I felt Chase running his hands down my back. He pulled me to him, comforting me.

I suck in a deep breath and released it through my mouth. "I wanted to go out. It was pretty late. I used to like darkness, before. I wanted to see how world is at night. Emma liked to watch stars, too. She was the one to find this place. She brought me here to tell me that, this was her hide out place.

"That night I forced her to come with me. Liam tried to stop us, but I wouldn't listen to him. I wanted to go out means I wanted to, so eventually Emma said she'll come with me. We didn't let Liam come with us. We went to our favorite store, brought candy and were about to go home when...when suddenly out of nowhere, some guys strolled their way towards us. They were the bad guys.

"I told Emma to hide behind the wall nearby, so the guys wouldn't see her. She ran towards the wall and hid behind it, calling Liam. I wanted to run, find a place for me to hide, but one of the guys took hold of me. I struggled, but he was stronger than me. He tried to touch me, but I wouldn't let him, so he slapped me. I didn't have a problem until Emma was safe. But," my voice broke at the end. Tears were falling down my cheeks like waterfall.