Chapter 13

Chapter 13

**

"Shit."

Mom stood there next to Dad, looking around the mess we made. It wasn't exactly mess. Just some pizza boxes, sodas, some chocolates and all the normal food chips. We had boys and as everyone knows, they eat like pigs. Oh! Let's not forget, some of the sheets to cover our self while sleeping. Well not in that sense, but it was kind of chilly so.. That's not the point though. And also I didn't inform my mom about the company I might have.

"What on the earth is going on here? Why was I not informed about this party?" Mom asked, looking around. Her glance then settled on me.

I smile sheepishly at her, "You see, Mom. I kind of forgot to inform you about my friends staying over." I looked at her, but only receive a glare and a raised eyebrow. "But I told Liam about it and he didn't exactly say anything." I quickly added.

I looked behind me to see everyone looking anywhere, but at my Mom. This is so embarrassing. However, when I looked at Chase, he was glaring at something on the ground. Guess this is awkward for him too. Being my neighbour and all. I shrugged at that thought.

"Oh?" Mom replied in shock. Dad was surprised too. "Liam didn't have a problem? Well, that's new. Never thought that this day would come," she said looking at me, dumbfounded. I don't actually blame her. When a person is ready to drop college for his sister, just to make sure no guy messes with her or comes near her, is allowing guys stay over is a big deal. But he technically didn't agree. But mom doesn't have to know that.

I forced a smile, "Yeah, well. He loves me too much."

Just as the words left my mouth, Chase got up and stormed out of the living room. Not even a second later, we heard a bang of the door shut. He left. Why does he get angry whenever I bring Liam up? Maybe he doesn't know that Liam is my brother? And even if he doesn't, why does he care? He likes Emma, doesn't he?

Alec, Jason, Ryan, Leah, Ashley, Laura and even my parents shared a knowing look. Am I missing something?

"Okay.. Um.." I looked at Mom. "Since we made this mess, we'll clean up while you guys go rest." I suggested.

"Okay. You can go have breakfast with your friends. But come back soon," Dad said and went upstairs with Mom.

"So let's clean. Then we can go," Ashley broke the silence. We nodded and started cleaning up.

I don't understand what Chase's problem is. You can't just leave a place like that. When he walked out, I knew he was angry. It seems like everyone present in this room knew the reason except for me. What would have possibly gotten Chase so angry?

"Don't worry. He'll come around." Alec smiled. I smiled back. We quickly tidied the room and left for breakfast. Boys wanted to go home, so they didn't come with us. We talked about meeting in school and they left soon.

**

Chase

I stormed out of Chloe's house and went to my house. I went straight up to my room and slammed the door shut. I don't care if Mom comes and shouts at me for banging the door shut. All I know is that I'm angry. I don't want to be angry, but I am. After what Chloe said, it was like a punch in my guts.

Why do you care? A small voice in my head asked. Why do I care? I freaking don't know. One thing I know is that, I do care. I sighed and hung my head. I sat down on my bed and groaned. What have I done? I just stormed out of the place for, apparently, no reason. I have my reason, but Chloe might think something is wrong with me.