Chapter 31

Chapter 31

**

I stood there. Not moving. Baffled. The lights switched on again. But the question is Why? Why did he do so much for me? What is so special, that he loves me? I'm not underestimating myself or feeling pity, but still.

I turned to look at him. When I saw him, I know he's being honest. His eyes look sincere. These questions can wait. For now, I'm going to give him the answer to the question he asked.

"Yes. Yes. I will be your girlfriend." I jumped on him. My arms around his neck while his on my waist, pulling me impossibly close. He buried his face in my neck and exhaled. I shivered, felling his hot breath on me.

He pulled away and grinned at me. "You made me happy."

"I'm glad to." I smiled back. He pulled me in his arms again. I sighed and rested against them. I always wanted this. I'm getting this. I'm happy again. Like Emma wanted. I love him, but I'll tell him when the right time comes.

We heard claps and whistle around us, knowing it is none either than our friends. I laughed while Chase chuckled. "Idiots."

**

We drove back home and he dropped me in front of my porch because Liam came out and stood like a bodyguard, not letting him touch me. I asked what is he doing since he already approved. He answered that it's his duty to make sure that this boy doesn't touch me. I looked at him as if he had gone crazy. He just shrugged and stood there.

I gave Chase a kiss on his cheeks. After saying goodbye and a promise that he'll pick me for school, I went inside with Liam hot on my heels. Where ever I go, he'll follow me. It was starting to get on my nerves.

Frustrated, I turned on my heels and glared at him. He only gave an innocent smile. "What do you want?"

"Nothing."

"Spill."

"How was your date?" He asked.

"Best date ever." I said and smiled giddily. All the frustration ran out of the window.

"Okay. Good. Do I have to, you know..." He trailed off.

"No, you don't have to remove your big guns that you claim you have," I said sarcastically.

"You know I'm just looking for you, right?" He asked, softly. I looked at him in guilt. Since the time he came home, I've never made time for him, except for the walk we went to. I never asked him about his life.

I lowered my head in shame. "I'm sorry, Liam."

"What for?" He placed his finger on my chin, raising it.

"I never asked you about your life. From the time you're here, it's just you taking care of me. And I didn't even ask you anything," I explained, frustrated with myself.

"Woah, hold there, young lady. I'm your brother. It's my job to protect you. Not only job, but I love you to my life. So never I mean, never think like that again," he said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"But."

"Nope. No, buts. You had amazing time with Chase." I blushed when he said his name. Oh god! I'm turning into a love struck puppy. "You guys didn't do any dirty deeds, right?" He asked, going into an overprotective mood.

I shook my head. "No." I said.

"Why do you sound unconvincing?" He narrowed his eyes at me. I giggled and shook my head, again.

He sighed. "What am I going to do?"

I hit the back of his head and said, "Nothing. For now, I suggest you go to your room and wait for me."