Chapter 2

Naruto slammed the door of his apartment as he sat down in an indian-style position. "Darn it! I didn't know she like me....I feel like an idiot!" he shouted in frustration while thinking deeply in silence.

Meanwhile, Sakura knocked the door of Naruto's apartment screaming, "Naruto! Didn't you invite me to go to Ichiraku today? You're late!" It was supposed to be a friendly meeting after training, but Naruto actually stood her up because of Hinata.

Naruto sighed deeply. "Gomen, Sakura-chan...I'm not feeling hungry..." he said in a sad voice.

Sakura sighed as well. "Can't help it. Okay, Naruto," she said while walking away, shrugging her shoulders, thinking what his problem might be. (Inner Sakura: He's not feeling well?! Maybe he ate a lot of ramen and got all sick, that baka but...that's not possible for him...hm...)

Naruto looked down at the floor. 'Now I'm making Sakura-chan worried... What kind of a person am I? I should apologize to Hinata.....but..I can't even confront her.....'

Hinata sat on the floor in her room after her rejection. 'Why am I feeling this sad?! I thought I was ready for this...He must feel like I'm an idiot or something now...' She sighed. 'Is it the fact that he'll never like me and go to Sakura-san?' She shook her head at her stupid thoughts. 'Iye, that's not it...I shouldn't give up! Naruto-kun'll not do that! Naruto-kun will not give up, so I shouldn't too!!' she thought filled with determination.

Neiji knocked the door of Hinata's room, kind of worried. "Hinata-sama, what's the matter? I've been seeing you all moody all afternoon!"

Hinata slightly smiled. "Neiji-nii-san? Come in first. I'll explain everything.

Neiji nodded, even though she couldn't see him. "Hai, Hinata-sama," he said as he went inside.

Hinata started explaning everything that happened an hour ago.

Neiji looked at the ground, seemingly deep in thought. "I see," he muttered then his eyes shot wide open. "Eh?! Why do you even like that baka Naruto?!"

Hinata glared at him. "He's not an idiot!!" she defended.

Neiji sighed. "Ah..right...I'm just asking why.."

Hinata smiled. "Oh right! Well...remember the chuunin exams where the two of us fought each other?"

"How could I forget?" Neiji said, more of a statement and not a question. "I hurt you a lot that day," he said with guilt evident on his face.

Hinata forced a smile. She didn't like seeing him look guilty for what he did. She had already forgiven him, and it's in the past. The two of them learned something from that fight as well. "Well, that's the time he encouraged me to beat you and never give up! Even though you have beaten me, look at me right now. I'm now a chuunin! He's the one responsible for this," she said.

"And remember when you were going on about faith this and that?"

"Yeah?"

Hinata smiled once more. "He's the one who made you change. If it weren't for him, Sunagakure would be doomed without the Kazekage and that's Gaara-san!" she said and her smile went wider. She felt happy talking good about him.

"Yeah...I know what you mean! Wait! We're getting out of topic!! Since when did you like him?"

Hinata smiled, well more like a smirk this time. "Now, that's a secret!"

Neiji sighed. Just as he was getting curious, she just had to not tell him. "Hai," he muttered and went out of the room.