The Drew guy gave me a look, "Nice to meet you. I see you might have some important discussion-

"We do," Jared's fake smile grew wider.

"Sure. Absolutely. I think my boss is calling too. I'll take your leave. Thank you," Off he went away after excusing himself.

"Come on. Lets dance," He extended his hand, still shooting lasers at the guy.

"I am not finished with my drink," I complained.

"To hell with your drink. I can buy you billions of them," He scoffed.

"I know that. But I don't want you to. Plus, if I start dancing, you will start pole dancing," I joked.

"As pathetic as that joke was, I am ready to ignore it. Come on," He grabbed my hand.

"Why this sudden... kindness?" I asked as he led me to the dance floor.

Who dances at a business party? People should just talk and let me finish with the game.

"Well, I thought and thought and came to the conclusion that you were right. I was mixing my personal emotions with my job. I have been a bit unkind to you, I guess," He shrugged and kept his hands on my waist. I kept my hands on his shoulders.

"A bit?" I asked, ignoring the wonderful tingles dancing throughout my body.

"Okay. Maybe a bit too much," He sighed.

"You know if you want to say sorry for everything, you just say it nicely without sarcasm or too many fancy words. It ain't that hard. You said sorry because I saw that, not because you did it," I laughed.

"Shut up and dance," He scowled.

"I am dancing!" I argued.

"Really? You have grown worse than the last time we danced at Hailey's engagement. You seriously can't dance," He said, grimacing.

"Thank god you finally said it, otherwise I would always remain in the dark," I rolled my eyes, "I was so happy with playing, you had to come and butt in."

The corner of his mouth twitched up. He was again staring intently at me, burning holes. His eyes were shifting, searching my face for something and I knew I didn't have any smudge on my face. I shifted a bit, offering his hands a more comfortable position. His eyes narrowed at my bold move before his eyes darkened a shade.

Suddenly, he pulled me closer to his chest, his hands tightening around my waist.

"Um, Jared..." I drawled. I admit few people were dancing but this was still a business party.

"Will you please shut your mouth? Trust me, it doesn't take a lot of hard work," He sighed, looking like he was teaching a kindergarten child.

I shut up. I continued dancing, fixing my gaze at his chest when I felt something against my forehead.

I looked up to find... Jared's lips touching my forehead. Fuck. This would make things awkward again. I didn't want to start things here right now.

"Jared, I-"

He ignored my whispers breathing deeply.

"Alli..." He said so seductively I seriously melted there. Almost.

We stood there almost hugging each other. Jared. I could feel the old Jared now. Yes, warm and soft. I couldn't describe how peaceful it was. It was damn special. I had stiffened at first but I slowly relaxed, resting my head against his chest. He was slowly moving us, his hands on my back and his chin resting on my head now.

I felt content and knew I wouldn't mind staying like this for some more time.

I didn't realize when the music stopped. Jared suddenly pulled back at lightning speed. He blinked after which, something ran through his eyes. He looked at me weirdly before untangling himself.

He gave me a look before turning and walking away.

"Great, now what did I do?" I asked dejectedly.

~¤~

Jared

What the hell was wrong with me? Why was I letting those fucking emotions play with me again? Hadn't I shut them off for good? This girl always held the reins to my emotions and still did even after five years.

No, no. Control. Control. Remember what she did those years ago. She lied to you. She was a liar. She might have improved but I didn't want to take risks.

I entered the washroom and locked it.

I couldn't afford to let her get to me again. Whatever happened there was a moment of weakness.

I admit it was my fault completely, not hers. I lost control of my urges again.

I spoke nicely to her and look where it led me to. So, it was always better to be rude. It was way easier. My guards wouldn't be down. If I didn't have any expectations from her, I wouldn't have a fear of her breaking me all over again.

I heard a knock.

"Jared?" Great. Now she entered the gents washroom.

Why were we always playing tit for tat game? We were always fighting like children. Either we were bickering like them or flirting. I did the flirting, fine but she never shushed me off. In fact, she let me hold her tonight quite... boldly.

I opened to find a distraught Allison, looking tensed.

"You okay? You rushed out-"

"I am fine. And I told you before to call me sir, not Jared," I snapped.

She recoiled, "Look, I don't know what happened back there-"

"Its not your fault. Its mine. It was a moment of weakness and won't happen again," I said, pursing my lips.

She glared at me, "So, you are saying it was a mistake?"

I nodded, "A big one."

She inhaled and closed her eyes, mumbling something softly. Then she opened them, shooting daggers at me.

"You know, you should keep your emotions in check, Mr. Bipolar. One moment you are rude and mean and the next moment you are warm and nice," She spat.

"So, what do you want me to do? Fall at your feet?" I asked, irritated. She was making it really hard for me.

Grab her and push her against the wall before plunging her mouth, the monster shouted. Taste her, show her how much she means to you.

"No. Tell me what do you want from me. Tell me whats between us," She insisted, motioning between us.

"Nothing," I said, stepping back from her. She was too close to me. I needed some distance.

"Well then, next time don't act nicely and keep your germs to yourself. I am leaving this party. Its boring me to death. See you tomorrow, sir," She seethed and went away.

Its good she went away. I would seriously take her here if she stayed a few minutes longer.

I needed to go away from here too. So, I told my client my mother was ill and I had to leave. I got out and told my driver to wait as I was not in the mood to go home right now. I still had a presentation to prepare but I just wasn't feeling like it. I had to stay up the entire night today.

I walked out breathing in the cool air. It felt nice. It was really stuffy back there. I turned a corner and saw a club with people pouring all over the place.

"Just what I need," I thought and made my way to the club.