This was the first time I was having lunch with him after starting to work for him and I didn't want this moment to end.

All those years back seemed so foreign that it pained a lot more than I was willing to admit. I missed that Jared... there, I said it. If given the chance, I would rewind a lot of things. I would meet him as Allison and start a new relationship.

I wouldn't listen to my sister. I would be just Allison, in love with a boy.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, the smile slipping off.

"Huh? N-nothing," I said, staring at the empty plate.

"That means definitely something. What is it?" He pressed, tilting one eyebrow up.

"Nothing important. I just zoned out," I brushed it off.

"You tend to do that a lot," He noted.

"I wanted to say thanks for that day. For um... feeding and dropping me off," I said, nodding my head.

"No big deal. What were you thinking?" He asked again, leaning forward and resting his hands on the table.

I hated when he stared at me like that with those big sexy eyes. It made me feel unnecessary things. I didn't like it.

"You aren't gonna let it go, right?" I sighed, looking around.

A faint smile crept on his face again indicating no. Damn that smile. This was getting too much.

"Fine. I was remembering our...uh...first meeting at the café," I blushed, staring at my lap.

His face fell and turned cold again. The light mood suddenly seemed to shift as he leaned back again, his face a blank wall again. He stared at the painting behind me. Alright, the happy atmosphere was crumbling already. My positive vibes were fading.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that," I muttered.

"You are right. You shouldn't have," He said quietly.

"I wouldn't if you hadn't forced me to," I retorted.

"And since when do you listen to me?" He asked.

"For your information, I listen to each and every order of yours. I never disobey you. Stop judging me," I snapped. Positive vibes were turning to negative vibes.

"I know you well enough to judge you," He shrugged.

"No. If you had, you would have let me explain," I pointed out.

"Not again, Allison. Drop it," He sighed.

"I didn't start it," I smirked.

"For god's sake woman, you can't keep your mouth shut, can you?" He asked irritated.

"Fine. I will keep quiet," I said angrily. See? This is why you shouldn't be too happy. Some idiot would come along and ruin it always.

And in most cases, it was likely to be your boss.

I kept quiet and played games in my phone till the food arrived. I could feel him staring at me throughout the time, not in a creepy way but more like a parent sighing at his child's antics. As soon as the food arrived, I started eating without saying a word. I could feel Jared staring at me the entire time.

"Okay, now you are acting like a ten years old," He noted.

I ignored him. This lobster was so good, it-

"I asked you to keep shut about things from past, not to shut off completely," He rolled his eyes.

"I don't know what are you speaking about," I said, chewing my food slowly.