■ Beginning of something again

Start from the beginning

But I could see regret in his eyes. It was clearly visible. He looked stressed and fatigued as he spoke casually.

"Are you alright?" I gulped.

"You are asking me this question?" He shook his head and finally looking at me, disbelieving, "God, the hunger must have gone to your head."

"Sorry for being polite," I mumbled, "I'll try not to make the same mistake again."

He heard that and frowned, not looking pleased but chose to ignore it just as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," He said, without removing his gaze from me, assessing me like a lab experiment.

A lady came in with a tray of food followed by another servant with a tray of food followed by another, another, another.

Shucks.

"Place it on the bed," He ordered.

Four plates of food were settled carefully after which everyone left without a word.

Holy hell.

"You don't expect me to have so much food, do you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I know you shouldn't have too much food on a really empty stomach... might have negative effects. But I didn't know what you would like. All I remember is you like blueberry pies. So, I told them to make different snacks as much as possible. I had no idea what you would prefer," He looked away, "Have as much as you can. I will tell Elle to pack the rest. But have water before starting to eat."

I bit my lip, "Thanks and you are forgiven," I said to his indirect apology.

"You faint if you go without one day's food?" He frowned, crossing his arms across his chest as he ignored what I said. I gazed at his arms for a second too long this time, relishing in unlike the last time before flicking my eyes away.

"I have some gastric problems. Doctor said I should have my meals regularly at correct time otherwise it will cause severe acidity and further side effects like nausea," I shrugged.

"Do you take regular medicines?"

I shook my head, "No, just I have been cautioned not to skip meals. I did few years back and it gave rise to lot of health problems so I have been quite disciplined with my meals after that."

His eyes narrowed, "You never told me that."

"Should I have a reason to tell you about my problems anymore?" I asked quietly, staring at him.

He blinked, rolling his tongue over his lower teeth, "No. I didn't find it mentioned under your health problems so the company might. You could be held for withdrawing information if anyone gets to know. Don't be this stupid again to miss your meals to fulfill your personal agenda with someone. Your health should come first. I wish you would've told me that. I myself have to often miss lunch if work is too much or many others, for that matter. It doesn't mean the rest of us go on fainting. That's why mentioning any health details is crucial."

This was his exact problem. Never accepting that he too could make a mistake.

"It started after I joined Ford's job so the records are old and I forgot to add it, I'll update once I get back to work immediately. I need to call Wade first," I picked my phone from the bedside table.

"Don't worry. I informed him you won't be going back home in this state. You are staying here tonight," He ordered, "Stop speaking and eat."

"What?" I asked a bit too loudly, raising an eyebrow.