Chapter 4

Here's the new chapter, I hope y'all like it.

"So, where do you want to go?" Percy asks as we walk down the hallways. "I don't really know my way around here yet."

"Um, it depends," I answer, "What do you like to eat?" His eyes immediately lighten up; I guess he likes talking about food.

He stops in his tracks and, which causes me to stop moving. Putting his hands on my shoulders he looks into my eyes and says, "This may sound weird, but is there a place that sells blue food?" His eyes sparkle with hope.

Sadly I can't recall a place that sells blue food...wait! There's this weird hole in the wall restaurant that I went to with Derek once.

"Yeah," I exclaim. "There's this restaurant called 'Rainbow'. They have an assortment of colors that you can dye your food with. It's more of a sit down kind of restaurant though and-"

He appears extremely excited, "We need to go there now!" Grabbing my hand, we run through the halls towards the parking lot. When we get there, I realize that I didn't drive myself to school. Hopefully Percy has a car because if he doesn't, we're going to have to walk our sorry little butts right into the lunchroom and be awkwardly late, which would lead people to questioning us.

He leads me to an old blue Prius with a huge dent on the hood. What happened to his car? It looks like a werewolf cannonballed onto it. He pulls on the door. It's locked. He begins to pat his pockets, I'm assuming for the keys to the car. He doesn't find it.

This is so awkward. Maybe I should just go back to the library. What if this isn't even his car? Am a an accessory to a crime right now? I must have a strange look on my face because he pats my shoulder.

"I'll be right back," he says as he turns around to head back into the school. Where is he going? I don't want to stand next to the car he might break into.

Taking my backpack off I get out my journal. I hop on to the hood and place my backpack next to me.

Okay, journal. I'm back. So, it turns out Ava was discussing Percy Jackson with her friend. I met him at the library during lunch (technically I met him in econ, but that's a blur); he's definitely cute! That's not what I want to talk about though. See, Percy and I are going out to eat lunch at 'Rainbows' (apparently he has an affection towards blue foods) . I don't think that this is a date, but when I think about the possibility of this being one, my head rushes and my ears flood. Despite this, I don't know him well enough for this to be a date. (Stupid logical part of my brain) For some reason, I can't help but feel like we're going to get along very nicely. Oh, look. He's coming back; he looks amazing when he's running.

"Okay," he said dangling some keys. "I've got them!" He helps me off the hood and picks up my backpack for me and dumps it into the backseat with his. He opens the passenger door and I climb in, closing the door on me he runs around to the driver's side and hops in.

"Alright-," He starts. He glances down at my journal which is in my lap. "Is that a journal?"

"Yes!" I shout. I think I alarmed him. "Sorry. It's just that one of my friends, if I could call him a friend, I think he's more of an acquaintance. Anyway, he was annoying me this morning and calling it a diary," I'm blushing now.

He nods in understanding, "What kind of stuff do you write in there?"

"Um," Should I tell him that I write facts about the supernatural in it? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't judge me, but at the same time, maybe Percy is my only chance at having a human friend. The point of having a human as a friend was so that I wouldn't have to deal with the supernatural. "I write-" I interrupt myself; I feel so self-conscious.