Chapter 2

I'm assuming that Beacon Hills High is similar to my school.          

Something is tapping me. I'm not quite sure why or how, but I am being tapped, which is kind of a rude awakening after going to sleep at around two in the morning.

"Ugh," I groan. "Stop it."

It doesn't stop; in fact, I'm being pushed now. Pulling my eyes open, I squint around the room. No other than Mr. Sourwolf himself is glaring at me.

See, Derek and I have a special relationship. We're pack and we love each other because of it, but I sort of, maybe, could possibly have a tiny crush on him. Can you blame me though? He's, like, a god or something. What am I thinking, he's a werewolf. I know that. What's wrong with me? Oh yeah; I was interrupted from my beautiful sleep.

"Stiles," he growls. "Get up. You're going to be late to school,".

Flipping onto my back, I stretch. "What are you talking about sourwolf? School doesn't start until 8:2-"

"It's 8:10," He interrupts me (which is a bad habit of his that he should really get checked out). "Lydia called me and said that you weren't in the parking lot at the arranged time or something."

Jumping out of bed, I race around my room attempting to grab the pre-set out clothes that Lydia setup for me. She wanted our pack to match today; I personally don't see the point, but she's the fashion guru, so.

"I'm taking you to school," he grumbled, eyes averted, as I pulled my pants on. "You don't have enough time to try to start your crappy jeep and have it break down on you."

I'm tying my red converses, "Don't call Roscoe that! He is perfect the way he is," I respond.

"It's unsafe. You have a higher chance of dying in that car than you do because of a supernatural creature," he argued while tugging me out of my room and down the stairs.

I head to the cabinet and grab a pop-tart: blueberry, unfrosted. This will have to do until lunch.

"Let's go," I mumble whilst munching on fruity goodness.

As we're riding to school, I can't help but notice how stiff Derek seems. Trust me, it's not like he's normally a basket of roses or anything, but generally we can start a conversation and keep it going- no matter how stupid it is.

"So," I start up. "How's life been treating you since I last saw you?"

"Shut up, Stiles," He answers.

I continue; hopefully I won't ramble, "My life has been pretty great I guess. I found the information on those vampires that you wanted me to find. Turns out, they aren't really scary. I mean- they sparkle in the sunlight. That's weird. Haha,". Yep, I'm beginning to ramble.

I glance at him. His hands are clenching onto the steering wheel, eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong, Derek?" I ask. "Did I do something?"

He turns to me and stares into my eyes. He gives a deep sigh, "It's not you. It's just- I'm having some personal issues."

Hopefully the issues don't have to deal with his deceased family. If they are, he's going to be super sad for a while, which makes me sad, and I hate being sad.

"Can I help somehow?" I question as we pull into the parking lot. The pack is standing near the doors, waving.

He starts up again, "Don't worry about it Stiles. I'll handle it myself. You have a nice day back," He gives me a little grin that makes my chest tingle.

"Derek, we're pack," I remind him as I hop out the car, grabbing my backpack. "Any time you need me, I'll be there,". Giving him my brightest smile, I close the door. I hear him pull off as I jog towards the pack.

"Why are you so late?" Lydia demands while straightening my clothes. "We've been standing here for thirty minutes, and you decide that you can casually waltz in when you want to."

"Hey, buddy!" Scott interrupts her. "We've only been here for ten minutes."

Jackson smirks, "And only two minutes of those were spent waiting on you,". One would think that being pack would make him nicer, but no.

Rolling my eyes at Jackson, I apologize, "Sorry Lyds, but I overslept. It'll probably happen again."

She does a lady grunt, and mutters to Allison and Erica, "At least he's honest,". I smile.

"Batman!" Erica yells, her blonde hair flying around as she jumps in excitement. "How was your summer?"

"He probably just wrote in his dumb diary," Jackson comments-rudely might I add.

"Let's not judge Stiles," Allison smiles. "We all have different way of letting out our frustrations." What is she talking about? I'm not frustrated; well, I wasn't before Jackson talked. I wonder if she means sexually frustrated. I'm not that either. Really. I'm not. Oh, haha. She's joking. I'll just ignore it. What were we talking about? Oh, yeah. Jackson was being an ass.

"It's not dumb," I argue. "It contains useful information about all of the supernatural creatures that we've encountered, and ones that we hopefully will never encounter. It'll save lives one day,". It also contains my deepest, darkest secrets, but I'm not going to say that. Boyd stares at me as if he knows like that's not all it is for. I'm convinced he can read minds.

Whatever, I'm proud. I just told Jackson off. Haha-in his face! Wait a second, "It's a journal, you dick!" Everyone laughs; I don't see the humor.

I decide to change the subject, "I see you still have your scarf on in eighty degree weather, Isaac."

"Don't even try me, Stiles. At least I don't have a diary," He takes his scarf and swings it around his neck. Diva, much?

We all begin to walk into the school. Jackson wraps his arm around Lydia; Scott and Boyd do the same to their respective girlfriends. Isaac and I walk next to each other.

"It's a journal," I whine as we walk into the school.

Thanks for reading!