A Hero's Death

I swung my blade back and forth through the swarms of Uruk-hai; scattering and dodging their weapons. Blood caked the hilt of my sword and droplets of crimson sprayed on my face and nearly blinded my eyes to the onslaught. It seemed as though I had no form of control anymore on my consciousness. Every blow with my sword seemed instinctive. 

        With adrenaline pumping through my veins, I stabbed an Orc in the neck. 

      "Roll, thrust, dodge, slash, parry, sidestep, stab!"

        These words echoed through my mind; forming an enclave of thoughts and guiding my movements. 

        "You will pay for what they have done to Gandalf," I snarled. 

         With each blow, my nerves sparked with unquenchable anger. From that moment, I forgot everything that I was taught about- it was just me and the Orcs. 

        I seemed to be no longer just a warrior, but death itself in human form. Just after I cleaved an Orc's head from its body, I spotted Boromir and the Pippin and Merry bravely fighting against a superior number of Uruk-hai. 

        Letting out a cry, I slammed through the wave of creatures, slicing into their fatal spots. I deflected the next blow and plunged my blade through two Orcs, but the enemies sprouted in an accelerating rate- as if they had sprung from their dead compatriots. 

      I suddenly had an idea...

        Kicking a Uruk-hai in the groin, I yelled over my shoulder to Boromir, "I need space, can you manage?" 

        Boromir and the hobbits nodded and letting out a fierce battle cry, they pummeled the enemy back; forcing the wave to retreat a few steps. 

       I didn't have time to marvel at their bravery, though, and measuring the distances between the trees, I calculated the amount of time needed. Gritting my teeth, I held the blade to the side of my cheekbone, and summoning up every single ounce of inner power, I kicked up from the ground and sent a whirlwind of dust into the faces of my enemies. Using their temporary blindness, I twisted my body and slammed my foot down on the trunk of a tree and seemingly flew to a crowd of Uruk-hai. 

       Thrusting out my arms, I skewered one through the face and used their heads as steeping stones- twirling and spinning in a blur of motion and steel. The amount of force needed for this move had severely depleted my strength, but I refused to cower. Using my last bit of strength, I forced my aching muscles to turn my body around and slashed at the Orc that had been threatening Pippin and Merry before sinking to the ground; panting.

         "That was amazing," Pippin squeaked, his eyes shining in excitement. 

          Before I could huff out a witty reply, a shrill screech of a whistle was heard; sending goosebumps down my shoulders. Stabbing my sword in the earth and using it as a support, I just managed to stand.