Casey was acting so cool and composed with her black studded UGG boots we bought her for Christmas propped up on the edge of the trolley, meanwhile, I just felt the need to throw a tantrum like a five year old.

"Why aren't you bitchy? You're thirteen, shouldn't you be slamming doors and screaming at people's faces by now?" I chuckled.

"I think you do both of those for me." She replied with a cocky smirk, testing me.

"I agree." I laughed.

For the next half an hour, we continued on shopping, meaning running through a bunch of aisles unnecessarily, laughing our heads off and buying junk food. We finally got to checkout, but only after we were told that we'd be asked to leave the supermarket if we didn't behave.

Casey jumped out the trolley and helped me bag the groceries up and we both hobbled to the car, carrying as many bags as we could on our two arms to avoid having to go back and forth between our car and the supermarket to put the trolley back.

She propped her feet up on the dashboard and rested her head on her hands that were propped up by her elbows on the arm rest. I wanted to chuckle at how even though she doesn't talk like a teenager, she does dress and act like one - she was currently wearing the black studded UGG boots, my black hoodie and a pair of black leggings. She was definitely going through some sort of phase.

"I hope mine and Ben's argument didn't screw up yours and Harry's friendship." I mused. Their big performance was next week and since Christmas, they've only had one practice, which is pretty surprising.

"No, we're good - as thick as two thieves."

"Oh my god, I have never, in all my years, heard someone use that phrase. Stop acting older, you're only thirteen!" I snickered.

"Fine, I'll stop."

"Really?"

"No." she snorted.

We reached the house and brought in all the shopping in just one painful trip. I'd break my arm, two fingers and fall on my head before having to make two trips.

Karen was in the kitchen, getting started on the apple crumble and I didn't say anything to her, instead, I clambered up the stairs and decided to choose which clothes i'd be wearing this evening. I didn't want anything too dressy, but since people from my old school would know me as the guy that dressed trendy one hundred percent of the time, I guess I should make some kind of effort.

I decided on a denim shirt, dark jeans and a pair of trainers. It wasn't anything too close to the old Flynn, it was just in between, which was good, because dressing completely like my old self would make me feel rather uncomfortable.

It was around quarter past seven when Casey came to my room and said we had to leave. I had eaten a quick dinner beforehand, for the reason being that I knew I'd have some drinks tonight. The entire house smelt of apple crumble when I reached downstairs and Dad handed me the baking tray that carried it and said I have to give this to them.

We decided to walk it there and the cold air bit at my skin, it didn't get much better when I realised the party was mainly in the garden, which I had never seen before. It was a nice sized garden and it had been decorated with little lights everywhere and a big banner than read '2014' in big, bold letters. You could hear the barbecue sizzling over the loud, pounding music.

"You're weird," I teased Casey, she raised a brow and waited on an elaboration, "One moment, you wear all black everything and the next, you're dressed in all pink and wearing lip gloss... Wait, what's that? A plait? My god, just when you thought it couldn't get worse..."