Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Aurora stood at her front door nervously. She could only wonder at what her new friends would think of her house. It wasn't flash or fancy like Trey's home, it had simply been the Matthews family home for a few generations.

She was thankful to have changed out of her swimmers at Trey's, and put on the spare clothes that she had taken with her. A shower could wait for later when she had her friends settled.

"C'mon in." She stepped back and allowed them to enter with bags in tow.

"What exactly is there to clean in this house of yours?" Laura looked carefully around with narrowed eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"It seems to be completely spotless." Laura trailed her finger along the glass cabinet only to show a dust free digit.

"Mum's a bit of a clean freak, but we'll wipe everything down just so it smells nice and fresh." Aurora informed her.

"Where should we put our stuff?" Trey asked, gesturing to the pile that he carried.

"If you leave it tidily here next to the couches it should be alright," Aurora pointed to an unused area. "Did you want to stay in Kiri's room?" she looked to Laura, who shuddered and quickly shook her head.

"No, I'd rather sleep on your floor." Laura declared.

"You don't like my sister much, do you?"

"Sorry, but not particularly. I never saw her do anything... well... nice." Laura winced, feeling bad for admitting the truth.

"I know what that's like; she was never really that great to me either." Aurora admitted.

"Could I put my stuff in your room?" Laura asked hopefully.

"Sure, I'll show you where it is." Aurora turned to leave, only then remembering the boys.

"I'd stay in Kiri's room." Mick sounded lascivious.

"Ugh, I have such a pervert for a brother." Laura rolled her eyes.

"I don't think that would be allowed." Aurora told them feeling uncomfortable.

"It's a shame." Nathan tutted, as he patted his brother's shoulder consolingly.

"I could always sneak up there later." Mick said with a wiggle of his brows.

"You had better not ruin this for me! You promised to be on your best behaviour." Laura turned to confront her brother.

"Chill, Tiny, I'm only teasing."

"Promise not to go near Kiri's room, or I'm ringing mum to come and pick you up before they leave." Laura pulled out her phone, appearing determined.

"Damn, Tiny, I won't do anything." Mick grumbled.

"Good. Lead the way, Rory." Laura called out.

Aurora walked to the stairs and up to her room, with everyone trailing along behind her. She frantically tried to recall if she had left her room tidy this morning, as she hadn't expected to have visitors. With a deep breath, she pushed the door open and felt relieved when nothing looked too messy.

"It looks like the clean theme carries on in here." Laura stated dryly.

"It's better than I thought it was going to be." Aurora agreed.

"We don't have a single room this clean in our whole house." Laura waved an arm around.

"Trey's was clean." Aurora replied defensively, making her friend grin slyly.