[Chapter: 24]

Here is the Link to soundcloud playlist for this chapter and there is also another link on my page if you can't see this one

https://soundcloud.com/stratfordsflaw/sets/chapter-24

Happy reading!

---

 (Where we left off)

"It's so nice to finally..." Her eyes finally connected with mine and she stopped in surprise as the familiarity kicked in, "Well, holy shit, it's you."

I gripped Ansel's arm tighter and tried not pass out.

This is some deep doo-doo.

--

Shit, shit, Shit! You should have just stayed your ass at home and called him!

Ansel looked at both of us oddly, "You two know each other?"

No! But I'm sure she Saw my ex stick his tongue down my throat!

"Oh, um," I gave her a panicky look as she turned to him, "No actually. I don't. She just reminded me of someone."

I breathed a sigh of relief as Ansel gave us both another odd look, "Well Okay," he shrugged, "I'm going to go take a shower and I'll be back down in a sec."

"Take your time bro," Anya beamed up at him, "Sage and I need to get to know each other better."

Damn.

He rolled his eyes and bent down to give me a kiss on the cheek, "Don't listen to anything my sister says, she's crazy.."

She scowled at him, "You are such an ass. Now I'm really going to air all of your dirty laundry."

He barked a laugh and soon disappeared upstairs, leaving me and his sister to face off.

"So," she started off, "You're the mysterious Sage Ansel's been telling us about."

Friend or foe, Anya? Which one is it gonna be?

I shrugged and let out a nervous laugh, "I'm not really mysterious, but yes, I am she."

"Interesting," She looked me over again, "I feel like I know all about you. You're all selly talks about."

Selly? That's cute.

"He talks about you and your parents a lot too...and of course, I've already met Lukas..."

"Really?" She asked, seeming genuinely surprised.

I nodded, "I work with him on a special project at my job..."

She seemed even more confused, "You're a contractor?"

Guess Selly didn't tell you everything...

"Real estate agent."

She seemed impressed, "That's stable and practical."

Okay enough with the small talk and formalities, just say it! I can't take it anymore, my poor heart would burst at any moment...

I closed my eyes and smoothed out my curls, "Look, I know what you're going to say...I know you saw me that day in the diner and I just want to--"

"I'm not going to tell him." She interrupted seriously.

Wait, what?

I shook my head, "Why?"