[Chapter 12:]

I was absolutely swamped this week.

   My personal life had gained a slight edge. Between helping Kim plan an announcement party for her and Lamar’s engagement, and Ella’s spring ballet rehearsals starting up again...to say I was busy was an understatement. Busy enough to ignore calls and texts from a certain person..

   But that was a story for another time...

   My work life was hectic aswell, but definitely not in a good way.

   Our New York affiliates had been in the office all week and were driving me insane. Mark was trying to make the office extra ‘efficient’ this week to impress the New Yorkers. Which meant I spent longer hours at the office away from my child, and seriously grumpy.

  Which was why I was so happy they were taking their happy asses back to New York tommorow morning. Atleast things would get back to normal then…

   I quickly shuffled around the manila folders on my desk to find my planner, but to no avail I couldn’t. I huffed, and dialed for Jay who was sure to know where it was.

   He picked up on the second ring, talking with his accented falsetto,  “Yes mother monster what can I do for thee?”

  I tried to mask my laugh with a cough,  “Jay can you pull up my schedule for today really quick? I can’t find my planner.”

   “One sec let me pull it up.” I grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper to write it down. There was a brief pause before he spoke again, “Okay you have a meeting with Lukas Alexi, from at one,” 

   I sighed in relief, I had been planning to meet with the chief architect for one of my client’s multi-million dollar homes for the first time, but had to reschedule three times this week, and now I could finally afford to pencil him in. Which was great! I was really excited to go over the plans and the renovation concept for this house, and hopefully after it sold, it would bring in tons of revenue for our business.

  “An open house at two-thirty,  a phone meeting with Mrs. Pinchett at 4:15 to discuss an invoice  to the buyers of the 5023 property, then--”  He paused again, long enough to draw concern. 

   “What is it Jay? Is there an overlapping o--”

   He snickered, once then twice before bursting out in laugh over the line. I was fustrated. What was so goddamn funny?

   “A Mr. Callahan has proposed a lunch meeting again...should I--”

   Oh Ansel…

  It had been nearly a week and a half since i’d spoken to him. It wasnt as if he hadn’t reached out, the calls and texts on my phone were proof of it...I just hadn’t had time for him.

     Or atleast that was what I was telling myself…

  I had, had plenty of free moments to pick-up the phone or text back and strike up a conversation with him, but what do I say to a man who’s had his face in between my legs?

     I put my pen down and ran a hand over my face, ”Please cancel, and send him a thank you card.”

   Jay’s voice was still very amused, “But this is the fourth time you’ve rescheduled.”

  I sighed, and shrugged my shoulders, only to remember he couldn’t see me doing either. Well thats great.. “I’m a busy woman Jay.”