"Because they get tired by his cold and demanding attitude. He can be quite challenging. That's it," She sighed, pouting, "He barely even goes to parties and stays cooped up in his place. Poor guy. He must have a lot of frustrations with life and even sex can only do so much."

My eyes widened. It felt as if someone had drenched me in icy cold water.

"S-sex?" I asked casually. That was the only part I heard.

I shouldn't be interested in my boss' sex life, let alone talk about it. What was wrong with me? It's in the past, for gods sake. This wasn't the Jared I hung out with, I reminded myself.

"I guess so though he hasn't got the playboy reputation," She said, "Don't tell anyone, but I tried my shot. Failed. He doesn't mess around with people from his work," She whispered, shrugging, "I am glad he didn't fire me after that. He did fire someone once for hitting on him while she worked for him, I heard. I don't work directly for him so I guess I was spared."

Ugh, too much information. I should've kept my mouth shut.

I felt ambivalent about the entire situation. While I definitely didn't jump with joy, I didn't feel hurt or angered either. Somehow, imagining about him and actually meeting him had dulled down my dormant feelings and they would be dead by the end. It was obvious he wouldn't remain a celibate and neither did I wait for him after a certain period of life. We both moved on and had other people in our life.

But it still didn't feel too pleasant to the ears. Maybe it was just the awkwardness.
Then again, who was I to say anything. Stupid PA under a capricious petulant boss.

"Have you got money?" She asked suddenly.

"Huh? Why?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Because it looks as if you are in need of clothes. Don't mind, people here are real bullies and can drive you crazy. They will make your life a living hell. So, you need some better clothes to match up to them. It will help with the confidence too. I am getting crazy seeing you sit here everyday with clothes twice your size. If you go on like this, you won't be able to work here longer without wanting to lock yourself up in the toilet everyday," She said gravely.

She pitied me. Now I understand the sudden eagerness to talk. Well, at least someone talked. That was a first step. I could always try to forge a friendship later.

"Is this high school or what? If Grey doesn't have any problems with it, why should others bother with me?" I laughed nervously.

"I know. I get it. But the thing is he is the principal, so he doesn't have clues about personal enmities between us. Its an advice. Take it," She said firmly. She didn't look like she would take no for an answer.

"Okay," I felt awfully small and out of place.

~¤~

"Sir, all done," I handed Jared the files.

I could deal with the pressure, it seemed. Honestly, even though Jared was an absolute asshole, I wouldn't want to go back to the old office. I missed the people there but I didn't miss the work. If only I could mix the two and bring my old colleagues back in the main office.

"Hmm," He checked the files and I felt immensely proud when he couldn't find any flaws in it. His eyes scrutinised every bit of the documents, trying to find something but he came up with nothing. His face turned into a scowl as he snapped the files shut with a bit too much force.

He had once called me out because the tick mark I had given was too big. Yes, thats how immature he was. I wonder how he became the boss like this. Maybe I was a special case. What an honor.

"The Graver's papers?"

"All checked and submitted."

"And the call from Hawthrope?"

"Booked an appointment after lunch tomorrow," I said, smiling widely as his bitter expression grew with every sentence.

"Mails?"

"Nothing important. The KTR forms have been forwarded to you and also the copy of the signed voucher printed and stamped."

"And others?" He was growing more sour with every second.

"Updated your planner, made invoices and expense reimbursements, got the signatures from Finance and and ordered for the replenishment of office supplies, as you said so," I gave the fakest sweet smile as his face now turned bitter.

"Fine. You may leave," He said, looking angrily at his laptop.

Beaming at his expression, I walked towards the door feeling like a boss. If there was one thing I was good at, it was my job. Nobody could ever question me about the hardwork I put and the sincerity behind me.

Take that, Grey. I felt like a giddy child, happy and delirious. I did feel childish but at times, I loved my inner child. There was a certain joy to being petty.

I bumped my head on the side cabinet, not looking where I was going as I was too busy in my own thoughts. Groaning softly, I rubbed my forehead.

"Can't you walk straight even on smooth surfaces now? Watch where you are going," He spat from behind me.

"Yes, sir,"

"Be here at 9:00 sharp. Don't be late," He said, looking sour.

~¤~

"Lily? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you leave by now?" I asked as I came to my desk. She was standing near my desk, checking out her nails. She glanced up and saw me.

"You forgot? Shopping time! Come on," She grinned.

Oh please, someone help me.