The Wonders of McDonald's

Prompt: Nico introduces Anubis to the wonders of McDonald's (his secret love).

The look on Anubis' face when Nico asked him to join him to McDonald's was priceless.

"You want to eat lunch where?" the god questioned, his left eyebrow raised as he gazed at the other.

Nico rolled his eyes, "McDonald's, and don't make me say it again, five times is enough."

Anubis scowled at him, "I did not ask you five times, Nico."

The son of Hades snickered, "I know, almighty god of Death."

Anubis opened his mouth to retort but the demigod shut him up by lightly pressing their lips together, earning him a tiny sigh and a fond smile from the god. Nico smiled back.

"Fine, let's go to this place you seem so fond of," Anubis sighed as he leaned down to mold their lips together once more.

Nico smirked.

Nico watched as his boyfriend eyed the food options with obvious distaste.

"Are you completely sure you won't die from consuming this much fat?" Anubis glanced over at Nico and looked him up and down.

The son of Hades scoffed and placed a hand on the other's shoulder, "Anubis, I'm pretty sure I'd have died already if that was the case."

The god nodded but still scowled at the trays of food people carried away.

"Don't worry so much, just pick something." Nico pushed Anubis forward.

Once at the front of the line, the god froze and Nico looked at him, noticing the confused look on the other's face. He gave Anubis a questioning look.

"What? I don't know what I'm supposed to say."

Nico chuckled and subtly pointed to the screen above them, "You're supposed to tell the worker what you wan to eat."

Anubis made an 'oh' sound, which Nico found a bit cute.

The god knit his brows, "Then I guess I'll take the ... Happy Meal...?"

Nico winced once, earning him a worried look. He waved the other away and ordered a Big Mac.

Once they got the food, Nico grabbed Anubis' hand and pulled him out into the street outside.

He walked a little while, looking for a place to sit, when Anubis slowed behind him.

"I can't be in places where there is no death for long, Nico," he breathed out.

Nico's eyes softened and he led the other into the darkness of an alley, kissing the god softly as they melted together with the shadows.

"How come you could be at McDonald's? Did someone die there?" Nico asked, proceeding to stuff a huge bite of hamburger into his mouth. It tasted heavenly as always and made the demigod moan with pleasure.

---

They were now seated on his bed in cabin thirteen, having ditched their shoes and jackets to sit on the mattress.

"I guess so, maybe someone did die from eating too much fat."

Nico almost snorted salad up his nose, "I doubt it. It was most likely someone that choked on food or something."

Anubis laughed, and Nico started slightly. He didn't think he'd ever get used to hearing the jackal god laugh.

"It would have been very ironic if you choked on your food."

Nico chuckled and kicked the god's leg lightly.

Anubis started picking away at his meal, peeling away the paper around his burger like there was a very disgusting slug inside. He'd already placed his toy on the bedside table – a plastic figure of Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony.

"It's not going to bite you," he teased and Anubis scowled.

The god tore off the paper and took a tiny bite. He furrowed his brows as he chewed slowly.

Nico watched on as a number of expressions flitted over his boyfriend's face. First came surprise, then joy, then confusion, and lastly disbelief.

"Tasted good right?"

Anubis looked at him, "Yes, surprisingly."

"Told you."

The god smiled and leaned over to peck Nico's lips. He tasted of burger and it made the demigod smile into the kiss as he pulled the other in for another one.

Anubis blindly put his meal down on the table next to them and brought a hand up and into Nico's hair, angling the demigod's head to the left.

Nico was tempted to comply and almost slid a hand up the god's shirt, but managed to stop himself.

He pulled away, and stopped Anubis as he tried to chase his mouth.

"Nah uh. You're gonna eat that, and I will eat my delicious burger without you occupying my mouth."

Anubis whined and pouted, but started eating again and let Nico eat in peace.

Having swallowed the last bite of his meal, Nico grabbed a glass of water and downed it.

"Are you finally finished?" Anubis spoke up beside him.

The god had stretched out on the bed, his head propped up on his hand as he gazed at Nico.

"Yeah, I'm finished."

Anubis smiled and sat up, gesturing for Nico to come closer.

The son of Hades shuffled over to the god and sank into the other's embrace, his lips momentarily slotting against Anubis'.

The Lord of Funerals pulled him closer, making the demigod straddle his thighs, and slid a hand into Nico's hair while the other kept a firm hold of his waist. The mortal sighed softly and let his fingers card through the god's dark hair, which earned him a nip on the lower lip by blunt teeth.

The god then pulled back, surprising Nico.

"Hey, I just remembered. Why did you wince when I said I wanted a Happy Meal?"

Nico sighed and placed his hands softly on Anubis' shoulders.

"I just- I used to summon Bianca's soul using Happy Meals and soda, and the word just brought back some bad memories."

The god's brown eyes softened and he kissed Nico softly.

"I see. Thank you for telling me, Nico."

The son of Hades pressed forth a tiny smile, though a bit forced.

Anubis tightened his hold around the demigod, his forehead leaning onto Nico's collarbone, "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

---

Started the Oneshot collection :D Please send prompts :D