"What took you so long?"

Prompt: Nico dies and becomes and enherjei and Anubis is climbing in all Yggdrasil to find him (and Magnus be like: have I missed something?)

A/N: So, Nico is NOT a Greek demigod in this chapter.

----

"Hey, dude."

Nico turned in his sleep, frowning at the irritating noise.

"Just kick him," another voice sounded.

"Alex, no!"

There was the sound of shuffling, a thump, and some muttered curses.

Nico was then flipped out of bed, landing on the floor in a heap. He let out a yelp, trying to untangle from the bedsheets. What the hell were they thinking, flipping him onto the floor?

He ripped the blanket from his face, glaring at his assailants.

He froze.

Right.

He wasn't in college anymore.

He was in Valhalla. He was an Einherji. He was the son of Hel... the only known son of Hel.

Jesus Christ (oh, maybe that was inappropriate to think), he needed a nap.

"Hey, death-breath," Alex said, waving his hand in front of Nico's face. "Still with us?"

Nico scowled and swatted the other's hand away. Alex Fierro, son, daughter, whatever, of Loki, was by far the most infuriating person he had ever met. For one, he was always up to something, and he would wear some seriously questionable colour choices, and still manage to make it look good.

"Fuck off, asshole," Nico said, getting up from the floor.

"Oh, you hurt my feelings, nephew," Alex grinned at the glare he received.

Nico couldn't stand being even remotely related to him. Curse their similar Italian heritage too.

He grabbed the sheets and flung them on his bed, stretching as he looked over at Magnus, having been pushed to the floor, by Alex presumably. He was glad to have someone in the hotel who he'd actually heard about before, from Annabeth of course. That too also being the reason he wasn't shell-shocked at his current predicament. Annabeth had told them all about the fact that there was a collection of Norse gods living in Asgard, and that her cousin was an Einherji. Nico couldn't say that any of them were that surprised to find another mythology to be true, knowing the Egyptian gods personally. Some of them a bit more intimate than others.

Thinking of the Egyptian gods made his heart drop. He hadn't heard from Anubis in three weeks. He'd freaked out when he was removed from his body. It was bad enough to see his limp body lying on the ground where he'd been standing a moment before, his heart having stopped as he was hit by a lightning strike.

When the valkyrie had flown down to bring his Einherji form to Valhalla, he'd been patiently waiting, poking his cooling body as he waited. The valkyrie had stared at him, surprised by his calm demeanor.

"Hey," Nico had said. "Can I leave a note for the person I was supposed to meet?"

The valkyrie had agreed, albeit very reluctantly.

Nico had written a short note to Anubis, telling him he was an Einherji and that he would go to Valhalla.

He was supposed to have met his boyfriend that day, but hadn't heard from him since their last meeting. It pained him to think about how the god must have reacted, finding his body lying there like that.