"You don't like Sadie, right?"

Prompt: Oh! Could you write one where Nico or Anubis get really jealous? Like, Nico getting jealous at Sadie, since she liked Anubis.

Nico stared at his boyfriend. Was it just him or was that Sadie girl awfully friendly with Anubis?

The demigod watched on as Sadie ran up to them and flung her arms around the god's neck.

"It's so good to see you, Anubis!" she all but yelled, and Nico cringed at the delight in her voice. She then turned to him and gave him a warm hug. The son of Hades noted that she smelled strongly of some kind of perfume. It stung his nose.

"It's good to see you too, Nico," Sadie said.

Nico groaned inwardly, "Yeah it's good to see you too." He pat her back twice.

The magician smiled warmly at him before turning back to Anubis, poking a finger into his side, "You're lucky you have Nico as your boyfriend, y'know. All Walt ever does these days are fretting over his amulets. I barely get him to even notice me. I really needed some time off from that, and now I get to see you two."

Anubis smiled warmly, and the demigod felt a sting of jealousy at the fact that it for once wasn't directed at him. "I'm sure Walt's not that bad. After all, I did inhabit his body for half a year," the god said.

Sadie snorted, "Not that bad, huh? Don't worry, Anubis, you'll always be my favourite."

Nico grit his teeth. He knew that Anubis and Sadie hadn't really ever been together, but he couldn't help it when he saw them like this - Sadie sarcastically gushing over the Egyptian and Anubis in turn laughing, the corners of his eyes crinkling up.

The Brit went on to talk their heads off. They'd ended up by a pond.

Nico sat in silence, pretending to look at the ducks but really looking at Anubis and Sadie from the corner of his eye. They sat beside him, the magician in the middle between the two boys. Nico felt a bit irritated at the girl for separating the god from him.

The demigod got up as Sadie started talking about the time when Anubis showed up at her dance and swept her off her feet, and 'oh, if Walt could only act like Anubis when it came to stuff like that.' He balled his hands into fists for a moment and felt his jaw start to throb from his gritted teeth. He knew Anubis well enough to know he had no romantic feelings whatsoever for Sadie, but that didn't mean Nico could feel a tinge of jealousy at the fact that Sadie had known Anubis longer than him - maybe she even knew the god better than the demigod did. Nico felt that he knew Anubis quite well, he even thought of the God as one of his closest friends, and it took a lot of trust from him to be able to regard people that way.

Unwillingly, his ears tuned in to the conversation again - well, it was more a shower of words from Sadie than a dialogue.

"... remember that time when Walt stumbled over that log in the forest. The one with the wasp hive? Walt told me that you scolded him for it for hours," Sadie said. Nico frowned, he didn't know all that much about Walt, or the time Anubis spent inside him. They probably knew each other well, they had to, considering they shared the same body for half a year.

The demigod felt another sting. Was he really feeling jealous of the boy whose life Anubis saved by inhabiting? He felt both angry, though he didn't know why. He also felt sad. And he felt a bit disappointed at himself for feeling jealous and angry and sad.

He sighed, "Guys, I just realised that there are some interesting spirits to talk to over by those trees. You can continue talking without me, I'll just- It was great to see you again, Sadie." It was probably the lamest excuse to get away with but it'd have to do. He smiled at the magician as he got up and didn't dare meet Anubis' eyes.

Without another word, he left them and stalked over to a gathering of trees at the side of the pond. He stopped when he felt the chill from the shadows beneath the large trees surrounding him. He cursed under his breath and leaned his back against the trunk of an oak.

Why did he have to feel this way? He knew he had no reason to feel jealous, but it wasn't like he had a choice at the moment.

Nico slid down the tree until he was sitting on the grass. He carded a hand through his hair and sighed. He felt angry at nothing in particular. He felt like crying.

Some minutes had passed. Nico was still sitting and cursing his jealousy. Steps to his left made him glance up.

Anubis smiled down at him, "Why did you leave so suddenly?"

The demigod frowned and looked away, "I just wanted to let the two of you speak alone, since you're such good friends and all." Damn it, his tone was way too whiny.

"What- I mean, Sadie and I are good friends and all, but that doesn't mean that you can't also participate in conversation," Anubis said, his tone comforting.

Nico cursed himself for immediately wanting to hug his boyfriend, he had always been weak to his soft tone, after all. He said nothing.

Anubis sat down beside him and laid a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, if you wanna talk about it, you can just talk to me, okay?" Nico glanced at him again and felt his control crumble. He moved closer and snaked his arms around the god's torso, burying his head in the boy's chest.

Anubis chuckled and Nico felt his arms stroke his back, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

The son of Hades bit his lip, "I..." He paused. "You don't like Sadie, right?"

He felt the Egyptian stiffen, "What? Is that what this is about?"

Nico cringed.

Anubis sighed softly and brought a hand up to cradle Nico's cheek, tilting the other's head upwards. He stared deeply into the demigod's eyes and Nico felt his throat go dry at the intensity visible in the god's chocolate orbs, "Nico, I did fancy Sadie. But that was many years ago, and those feelings didn't last long. She has a steady relationship with Walt, and I found someone that I would grow to love."

Nico blushed.

"I do not have feelings for Sadie, Nico. I love you, and only you." He looked uncertain, "You know that, right?"

The demigod swallowed, "Yeah, I know. And you know that I love you, too. And I feel stupid for doubting your feelings. Sorry."

Anubis smiled warmly, "You don't have to apologise, and I'll tell you again and again if it makes you happy."

He leaned forward and kissed Nico softly. "I love you." Another kiss. "I love you, I love you."

Nico's face was on fire, "Stop."

Anubis grinned and kissed him again, "Nope, I'll never stop. I love you."

The son of Hades grumbled, "Okay, okay. I love you, too."

---

Uhm, this took a long time to write. I had a hard time writing it, because I'm not all that familiar with writing about jealousy. And I found it hard to create a situation with Sadie to make Nico jealous, I didn't want her to seem like a bad person, because she's not.

Anyway, I hope you liked it, and I'll get on to writing the next chapter. It will most likely not take all that long to write it, because it's not like this one. (Also, Ratchet and Clank is coming out tomorrow, so I might play that a bit too much and be late with writing) :D