Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

I’m not sure how’re people going to take this, but I’ve skipped one class with Drew, so we could talk about things. I’ve never skipped class before, I never even thought about it, but I did today. That’s no big deal, right? As long as nobody finds out I’ll be fine.

          Turns out I’ve had a nice chat with him. He’s even talkative than before. I feel like I’m talking to a whole new person. The Drew I went out with isn’t that noisy.

          “Are you going to talk to your friend?” he asked.

          “Who? Zoey or Faith?” I asked.

        “Shane.” Said Drew firmly. “You said that he was acting all weird and off, right?”

          “No, I said all of my friends are acting weird and off.”

          “Oh. Funny, I only heard Shane.”

          “Then I guess you weren’t really paying attention.” I smiled wryly. “Doesn’t matter. Well, yeah of course I’ll talk to him, when he stops acting like that.”

          “What if he doesn’t stop?”

          “We all know that it’s not gonna happen.” I said. “I mean, yeah he’s really weird and unpredictable, but I know him well enough. He can’t behave like that forever.”

          “You also said that he was full of surprises.” He added cheekily.

“True, but I didn’t mean it this way.”

“I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” He smiled to himself.

I haven’t told him the fact that Shane has a thing against him. I’m not entirely sure if Shane really dislikes him or he just sad that because he wasn’t in a good mood. So, what does Drew think of Shane? It’s only fair to know what they think about each other, right?

          “Drew, what do you think of Shane?” I blurted absent-mindedly.

          “Oh, that’s kind of random.” he bit his lip. “I barely know him, but I’ve heard people talking about him though.”

          “About what?”

          “That he’s been dating girls.”

          “Of course he’s dating girls, he’s not gay.” I said incredulously.

          “No, as in like he’s dating multiple girls.” He corrected.

          “What.” My jaw dropped.

          “I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but rumors don’t start without a reason.” He averted his eyes.

          “Where’d you hear that from?” I furrowed.

          “From a couple of girls who happens to be sitting behind me. I don’t know about you, but it sounds pretty convincing to me.”

          “It’s probably just a rumor. I mean, honestly Shane isn’t the kind of guy who dates girls whenever he likes. He’s just the kind of guy who can’t say no.” I smiled.

          “So you’re saying that a number of girls have been asking him out instead?”

          “No, I’m saying that it’s just a rumor. Rumors don’t usually tell the truth.” I folded my arms.  “So that sums up that I’m not going to buy it.”

          “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

          Drew and I had left and went separate ways towards class. Yeah, I did say that I’m not going to buy it, but part of the rumor does sound convincing. I mean, Shane did say that he was dating a couple of girls, and his excuse was because he couldn’t say no. I do believe him, until now.

          I can’t believe he’s taking advantage of his looks. He knows how angry a girl can be when a guy does that. Zoey and I had been repeating the same thing over and over again to him for more than three years and he’s just going to throw that all away and cross the boundaries.

          Is that why he’s been acting off-character lately? Because that kind of makes sense.

          Silly Shane. I can’t stick myself with a playboy anymore. I guess Drew’s question kind of got me thinking. Am I going to talk to him and pretend that nothing happened? No, I guess not.

          I can’t talk to him now; people might think that I’m dating him.

          Whatever, it doesn’t matter, does it? I have Drew anyway, who needs more than one friend?