6: Dinner or Disaster

Joey POV

I waited anxiously in the living room, waiting for Daniel's return. I kept checking my phone for the time

12:30

12:55

1:07

1:23

1:45

2:15

2:41

3:00

3:17

3:29

I heard the front door open and and Daniel walked in. I shot from my seat and ran into his arms.

"Oh my god, your safe!" I said as tears cascaded down my face. Daniels arms wrapped around me as he ran his hand up and down my back.

"Shhhh babe, I'm here, I'm alright." He said soothingly. I pulled away and locked him in a passionate kiss.

Daniel POV

"You're not going back to work tomorrow." Joey said sternly.

"But I-" I started.

"No, no buts, you're not going." He said and then walked into the kitchen. Oh great the mother side of him is kicking in. I followed him into the kitchen and he was cutting up some vegetables.

"I can't cook whatsoever." Joey said as he threw random vegetables into a pot. I smiled and stood in front of the island he was working on.

"Want me to do it?" I asked.

"No thank you, I think I can make a simple vegetable soup." He said back as he pour some broth into the pot and stirred a bit.

"Ok, well I'm going to take the dogs outside." I said as I called for Storm and Wolf. They ran from the living room to the back door. I opened the door and walked out with the dogs. They ran around and jumped everywhere.

"Daniel, you can finish." I hear Joey's voice sound from the door. I looked at him and giggles. He was cover head to toe in water.

"Hoe did you manage that?" I asked him as water droplets fell from his hair and shirt.

"The sink sprayed me." He said and walked past me. I giggled again and walked inside the house and began stirring the soup.

-----2 hours later------

Joey POV

Once I was dry I brought Wolf and Storm back in and Daniel was just portioning out the soup. I smiled as I heard a knock on the front door. I walked over and saw Katrina enter.

"Oh hello." I said. She smiled at me and then walked straight the fridge.

"EWWWE GREEN FOODS! GROSS!" I heard her scream from the kitchen. I filed my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"Do you not have any good food?" She asked as I shook my head at her. She grumbled then fell to the floor and began throwing a tantrum.

"GET ME GOOD FOOD OR YOU WILL BOTH REGRET IT!" She started screaming.

"Freezer you wierdo." I said. She immediately got up and ran to the freezer.

"ICE CREAM! YAY!" She screeched. She ran back with the tub and snatched a spoon right from Daniel's hand then plopped herself on the couch and started pigging out on ice cream.

"Typical Katrina."

"Bitch!" She snapped.