We Learn of Our Young Ones

Edited 9/7/2016

--

The group walked towards the siblings homes in the lower part of Konoha. Everyone besides Shin'en looked around in wonder at the immense village, admiring the way it had changed since their time. Since Pain had destroyed the village years ago, everything was relatively new looking. Buildings high and low stood proud in Konoha.

Shin'en walked through the village with his arms folded into his sleeves silently. He navigated the streets effortlessly since he had seen this route many times in his dreams. The man lead his family to the edge of the village, following a dirt path lined with blooming bright yellow sunflowers that followed the suns movements in the sky and dazzling coral colored bushes. The area before the path was shaded by trees that towered over the group, at least ten feet high.

Shin'en lead his family down the path and through a brick wall, the Sokame clan symbol on both sides in even spaces all around the wall.

"Here we are. Mika and Akuma live here with their families."

They entered the compound and gasped at the sheer beauty around them, Shin'en smiling at the others reactions.

Dozens of cheery blossom trees were scattered throughout the area and with a gust of wind, the petals created a dance in the wind like two lovers embracing each other tenderly. Bushes and flowers of all shapes, colors and sizes were everywhere. It gave the area a feeling of calmness that was felt by every member with Shin'en. The scent of nature filled their nostrils and they sighed.

"Who did this Shin'en? It's beautiful." Momoe said breathlessly.

"Mika's husband and Akuma's wife thought it would be a good thing for the kids to do in their pass time. So after some time of learning the do's and don't's of gardening, this is the result. They even enlisted the help of Kakahi's former students children."

Takahiro walked ahead of the group but stopped when he saw someone was coming towards them, a woman holding a child's hand. The woman had short blue hair and a gentle atmosphere around her, the child beside her having the same hair color as the woman and whisker marks on her cheeks. The little girl was talking about coming to visit 'Auntie Mika' again so she could play with 'Uncle Kakashi's dogs again'.

The mother and daughter passed the group undisturbed, completely unaware of the deceased they walked through.

Midori tentatively stepped forward. She placed a hand on Shin'ens shoulder and the man could feel the fear and anxiety pouring off of her shaking hand.

"Shin'en, I don't know if I'm ready for this. My children are right around the corner and I feel like I can't breathe." The woman had tears in her eyes as she spoke. Akihito put his arm around her shoulders and whispered something to her which put her at ease.

"Is everyone ready?"

Once everyone had composed themselves, they followed the pathway towards the center of the compound. There was a pond with koi fish in the middle of the two traditional looking houses surrounded by rocks and small flowers. Standing before the pond was a man dressed in a black cape, obsidian hair covering his left eye. He spoke with an older white haired male and when Sakumo saw him he gasped.

"Kakashi?"

Sakumo walked closer to his son, body visibly shaking. He reached his hand out to touch the scar that ran down the left side of his face, but just like before, his hand passed through with ease.

"You've grown my son." His voice was filled with regret, but Shin'en could hear the pride in his voice as he spoke.

"Who is that man with the black hair?" Momoe walked around to face the man with the curiosity of a cat.