Team 7

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

--

Edited 9/7/2016

Not too long after Iruka and Mika ate breakfast, they were out and about. The morning sun filled Mika with determination and hope. She had a very grand outlook on the near future and looked forward to her lessons.

First, apartment hunting.

Standing beside Iruka, she spoke.

"So where are we going for the first apartment?"

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, a nervous chuckle coming from his lips.

"See the thing is, I wasn't sure what you preferred living wise so I didn't put much thought into it." Mika nodded. It made sense although she wished they had some place to start.

"Well I don't really have a preference honestly. I can adjust to almost anything, except rude neighbors. I don't handle rudeness very well." Laughing softly, she remembered a time when some of the kids from her old village decided to play a rude trick on her. Needless to say, they never bothered her again and nicknamed her 'The Purple Fury'. Her temper got the best of her at times, but besides that she was a very kind and loving soul. "Cross me and face The Purple Fury!" She declared, punching the air and hopping from one foot to another, causing Iruka and a few bystanders to laugh at her antics.

Iruka looked Mika in the eyes as they continued down a main road in the village.

"I think I might know a place that you would like. You had mentioned that you enjoy kids, right?"

Thinking back to dinner at the ramen shop, she must have mentioned her love of children.

"Yes I do."

"Do you remember the boy I was talking about, Naruto?"

She nodded and he continued.

"Well the thing is, he's isn't very well liked around the village. Because of that, no one wants to live next to him, so he's alone in his building." Iruka's gaze was cast downward, a sad tone taking over his words.

"Wait, he lives alone? Where are his parents?"

The man flinched involuntarily, sighing. "They died when Naruto was young."

Hurt rang loud and clear in the woman's heart, she could relate to this boy. Mika mulled this over in her mind for a while. Why would a village that's been so kind and welcoming to her hate a mere child? There's no way he did something to make the entire village hate him. Iruka seemed very fond of the boy and she trusted his judgement. She gave Iruka a large grin, her hands clasped behind her back.

"I'd love to meet Naruto and see my new apartment."

Iruka beamed at Mika, smiling widely. "You would?" She nodded, smiling back at him. "Okay! Let's go see if he's home."

The two walked for a short amount of time and soon, Mika found herself standing outside a red door. The building itself was a little rundown, but livable. It was in a quiet neighborhood, not too far from any shops and a few minutes walk to a nearby diner. She had spoken to the landlord and signed a two year lease, and was warned of Naruto but waved the landlord off.

"Here we are." Iruka said, his hand knocking three times.

A few seconds past.

Nothing.

Just as Iruka was going to knock again, the door flung open and a yellow and orange blur sped past them.

"I'm sorry I'm late Sakura! Please don't hurt me!" The boy was almost down the hall and to the stairs before he actually looked at the two standing outside his home. "Iruka Sensei? And some lady..." The spiky haired blonde boy walked up to the two, his blue eyes shining with curiosity as he looked directly at Mika. The boy gestured for Iruka to bend down to his height. After doing so, he stood on tiptoes and placed a hand by his mouth, clearly indicating he was going to whisper, but failed and Mika heard every word.