Training Starts

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

*Time Skip*

--

Edited July 19, 2016

"Okay everyone, listen up." Kakashi gathered his team, plus Mika, after the meeting with the Hokage and took them to a river just outside the village gates. Once he made sure he had everyone's attention, he spoke again. "Since we have a new addition to the team for the time being, we'll be going over the basics once more. All of us have to help Mika discover her chakra nature or natures, as well as treat her as one of us. Understood?"

Sasuke merely nodded, Sakura voiced her agreement and Naruto grinned. Mika was excited to learn everything there was to know about being a ninja.

She watched as Kakashi turned his back to his team and walked to the edge of the river.

'What's he doing?' The purple haired woman thought.

Kakashi placed one foot on the water, then the other. He walked smoothly over the water till he reached the other side. "This is a form of chakra control which allows a ninja to traverse different areas! Sasuke, show Mika how its done will you?" The white haired man called from the other side. After receiving a nod, Sasuke turned to the woman.

"It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Follow my hand signs and movements and you'll be fine."

Or so she thought. After many failed attempts and getting soaked by falling into the water, Mika was close to giving up. She rested her tired body on the edge of the river, panting. Her body ached from the multiple times she had fallen but she refused to give up. Sakura stood in the middle of the lake, her arms outstretched.

"You can do it Miss Mika! Focus your chakra to your feet and take it slow!" Mika sat up and wrung the water from her hair. She felt a new fire brewing inside her and stood with renewed energy. The woman performed the correct hand signs and closed her eyes.

'Focus your chakra to your feet Mika. Just like she said.'

Opening her eyes and looking down, she saw her feet covered in a light blue substance, presumably her chakra. Mika smiled widely, but almost broke her concentration. She took a tentative step forward and found that her foot remained above the water. She took another step, and another and another.

"I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!" The woman tested her luck and jumped slightly. Her left foot dipped into the water but she steadied herself. The expression on her face was one of absolute joy. "This is awesome!" The woman ran around the water, making the kids chuckle or grin. She may have been an adult but even she acted like a kid at times.

Kakashi watched from his perch on a tree branch, a book in his hands. He had moved when no one was looking, hoping to surprise his team when he appeared suddenly. His location was ruined when Mika looked right in his direction, waving and calling to him.

"Kakashi Sensei I did it! Look!"

"Mika, Kakashi isn't there. He's..." Sakura trailed off as she looked for her sensei but found nothing. "I don't know where he is."

Mika pointed to where Kakashi was, looking back at Sakura. "He's up there sweetie." The pink haired girl squinted, looking hard for him.

"Oh, there he is! How'd you know?"

Mika shrugged. She didn't know honestly.

Kakashi jumped down from the tree and landed on the water. "You must be a sensory type ninja. I covered my chakra pretty well and moved when you weren't paying attention."