Coming Together

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

--

Edited 9/6/2016

The people of Konoha picked themselves up with grace shortly after Pain destroyed the village. They all had to start over, rebuild on the new land that laid before them.

It was only three days after the attack, but the villagers awoke each morning with bright smiles and lots of energy. Each person had their own assigned position and Mika's was to help serve food around the village. Her big belly prevented her from actually taking part in rebuilding, but she knew her place was just as important as the others.

"Do you need help carrying that?" Mika asked one of the women who held a side of a large pot. The purple haired ninja had a small stack of plates in her hands as well as some bowls placed atop the plated.

"We got it dear. We don't want you over working yourself, what with the baby and all." The woman smiled kindly at Mika, who smiled back.

Mika walked with the women silently. Beside her stood Ino Yamanaka and a few of the village women who carried a large pot of vegetable soup to the dining table where three other villagers set up the other pots. Bowls and plates were stacked and silverware was placed neatly beside them. Mika set down her plates and bowls with the others.

The women lifted the pot onto the table and started the fire below to keep the soup warm. Three other pots were lined up beside the soup, one filled with rice, one filled with seasoned potatoes and the last filled with meat of some kind.

Ino wiped her brow and sighed.

"This sure is a lot of work, huh Mika Sensei?"

Mika nodded.

"Compared to building a house however, this is easy."

"I don't know how you manage to stay on your feet all day with a baby on the way!" The blonde haired girl gazed at her ever growing belly curiously.

Mika giggled softly, then groaned. "The baby is moving around a lot now so it can be difficult, but I can handle it." She held out her hand to the girl. "Want to feel?"

Ino nodded, placing her hand in Mika's and gasping when she felt a small thump against her hand. She had a wide smile on her face as she placed both hands on her belly gently, marveling at the way the baby moved beneath her hands.

"Strange, isn't it Ino?"

Mika looked up to see the father of her child standing on the other side of the table, a bowl in his hand. Kakashi looked worn out, Mika noted. He had bags under his eye and his shoulders slumped forward. Everyone may have said he looked like his normal nonchalant self, but she knew just how much things were weighing on him.

'He rose from the dead after all.' She thought as she smiled at her love.

"Oh Kakashi Sensei! Here, let me serve you." Ino took the bowl from him and put a nice helping of soup over the rice that was in his bowl. She looked to Mika after handing him his food. "I'll serve you too Mika Sensei. Go sit with Kakashi Sensei and relax."

Mika shook her head and grabbed a ladle.

"I'll be okay Ino. I can help serve-" She was cut off when the baby moved and settled uncomfortably on her bladder, making her groan. One of the helpers, a kind elder man, came beside her and took the ladle out of her hands gently.

"Go on girl and rest your feet."

Despite her protests, Mika was pushed towards Kakashi with a bowl of food in her hands as well.

"You know you have to rest Mika, for you and the baby." The Copy Ninja rested his hand on the small of her back. Mika kissed his cheek softly at the gesture.

"I know, but I want to be back in action already." She placed a hand on her belly and sighed feeling the baby move. "I can't wait to pop you out little one."

Kakashi led her to a pile of wood planks and the two sat beside each other.

"And hold you in our arms." Kakashi spoke to her belly, his face inches from her. Mika found herself blushing at the stares they were getting.

"Kashi," she whined. "Knock it off. People are staring."

The man looked up at her, a grin plastered on his face beneath the mask.

"Ignore them. I can give my family love if I want to, when I want to." Kakashi sat up and put some of his food on the spoon in his hands. He held it up to Mika's lips gently, the steam tickling her nose making her sniffle. "Open." He said softly and she shook her head.

"You need to eat Kakashi. I have food here."

He pushed the spoon closer to her lips.

"Kakashi no. When was the last time you've eaten?"

"You're eating for two now so you need it more than I do."

"You're helping rebuild the village, so you need it more than I do."

"You're carrying my child."

"You died three days ago!"

"You're pregnant, end of story."

The boldness of his voice made Mika swallow the comment she was about to say. Reluctantly and with a rare pout, she ate the spoonful of food but not before she stuck her tongue out at the white haired man. The two ate together, laughing and conversating like any other day. Mika admired Kakashi's resilience towards everything.

'He stood up to Pain, died, and came back like nothing happened. He should be resting but he's doting on me because of our child.'

Looking into his eyes as he fed her another spoonful, she felt a wave of love come over her.

'I'm blessed to have him in my life.'

Mika could feel the baby start to settle and leaned her back on the wall behind her. Kakashi placed his hand on her knee and rubbed her leg lightly.

"Getting tired?" He asked.

"Not really. The baby stopped moving, but decided to rest on my bladder."

"Don't give your mother a hard time now, you hear me?" Kakashi rested his ear on Mika's belly and this time she didn't protest. "You hear me little one? Be nice to Momma now." He spoke in a silly voice that made her giggle.

"They can't hear you yet Kakashi." She said with a smile.

"I know that, but that won't stop me. Will it little one?" He went back to saying nonsense to her belly and even though people stared at them, either strangely or with happiness, she didn't care. Mika was happy Kakashi was able to relax for the first time in what seemed like months.

After another twenty minutes of belly rubs and baby talk, Kakashi stood and claimed he had to get back to work. The two kissed quickly and Mika watched as Kakashi walked back to his post. Everyone in the village that knew Kakashi and Mika knew just how excited the couple was to have their first child despite the turmoil the village was in at the moment. They didn't try to hide their excitement when in public, not that anyone minded one way or another. She waited for a few moments, then stood with some difficulty. The woman had an appointment she couldn't miss.

Mika navigated her way through the newly built buildings and many tents in the village until she came to a specific tent at the edge of the village. She peaked inside to see the one she had to speak to sitting on a blanket in the middle of the tent. Coming inside, Mika joined him on the floor.

"Hello Mika. Shall we get started?" He asked.

Mika nodded.

"I'm ready Inoichi. I need to know about this voice in my head."