A Second Chance

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

--

Edited 9/5/2016

Early in the morning, just two hours after getting the big news, Mika couldn't sleep. She hadn't stopped smiling and had a hand slowly rubbing circles on her belly. Despite the voice she had heard twice now that swam in her mind, it didn't bring her spirits down.

The woman giggled thinking of one of her days off she had spent being lazy with Kakashi.

"You can't sleep either?"

Mika looked up to see a single red eye looking down at her.

"I'm too excited to sleep."

"As am I."

She smiled softly as he ran a hand over her belly.

"Hey Kakashi, do you remember that day months ago when we stayed at your apartment all day?"

"And didn't get out of bed unless we were hungry or had to use the restroom?" The man chuckled and Mika sighed. She loved the way his muscular body moved against hers when he moved even in the slightest. She nodded and kissed the tip of his chin.

"It's gonna be hard to do that when the baby comes, you know."

Kakashi took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Yeah, I know." The way his voice changed as he spoke made Mika sit up and lean on her left arm. She placed a hand on the mans cheek.

"Whats the matter?" She whispered.

Kakashi closed his eyes and leaned into the hand on his cheek. When he spoke, his voice cracked and shook. He rarely showed his true emotions and seeing him in distress made her heart break. She could only comfort him with a soothing hand on his cheek as he spoke.

"What if I'm not up to the task? What if I fail at being a father?"

Mika knew where his doubt was coming from. She knew about his father, The White Fang. Kakashi must have had a hard time coming to terms with his death when he was a child and those underlying fears were coming to light. Seeing her love in this much distress made her heart ache. This wasn't like the Kakashi she knew.

She kissed him slowly, tenderly. Their hands held each other tightly but were mindful of the others injuries.

Two lovers, alone in their own world, content with the one in their arms. Once they parted, Mika peppered his face with tender kisses.

"You'll be a wonderful father Ka-" A kiss to his scarred eye. "Ka-" A kiss to his nose. "Shi Hatake." She giggled when she saw the lazy smile on his lips. "You treat your team like they're your own kids. They look up to you sweetie. You should hear how Sasuke talked about you. He didn't say it in these exact words, but he always looked up to you and was grateful you were his Sensei. No, ARE his Sensei."

Kakashi's lips shook when Mika mentioned his former student. She was the only one who could bring out this sensitive side of him.

"Kakashi, I know for a fact that you will be a great father to our son or daughter. They'll be wonderful Shinobi like us." She looked deeply into his eyes, smile still in place. "Like you. Sakumo Hatake raised a wonderful son for the years that he was here with you, and I know he continues to watch over you in the afterlife."

Mika was taken by surprise when Kakashi kissed her quite passionately. The two were locked in the others embrace for what seemed like hours and when the two parted, they were both panting hard. She could see tears in his eyes but was glad to see he had a wide smile plastered on his face.