Spirituality V. Religion

Ironically at March 28th last year I was trying to figure out ways to tell my family that I was leaning towards Pagan beliefs I ask the question,

"Do you think that Spirituality is different than Religion?"

A lot of people surprisingly agreed but I don't know if it took a while for them to analyze or, if that question was understood.

Spirituality is a person's links to beliefs. You don't have to be religious or be part of coven or church to be spiritually sounded.

You don't have to believe in a God(s)to have morals as we all know.

It is really a difference between what you stand for. If you are religious that is not a problem either.

Just because you believe in something doesn't mean personally you have to follow everything in the religion.

This is where the statement, "Not Everyone" comes from

"Not every Christian is a homophobic bigot."

This is true in a sense that maybe their spirituality which is how they come to their and the concepts of themselves is different then what their religion tells them.

It is very important that us human understand we have a life of our own and we aren't trying to please the world by finding out what makes us uniquely different from the concepts we were brought upon.

That is the most beautiful thing about life

Free will and choices.

I know people might disagree with my decisions

But the thing is I have a right to change my thoughts years later.

Anyways...sorry for that tangent

When I realized that spiritually I wasn't connecting to the religion I was brought up in then I had to find what my heart was following.

I am recently coming up with issues of doubt but I feel like it was more indoctrinated fear.

Why indoctrinated?

Because shame was there.

Memories of being hurt were there.

I don't know if it be truly comforting to you about my past experiences.

But as I ponder this I wonder how truly stupid my family is really.

How they are just totally going to sit there and say

"Oh my Daughter is not a witch. She wants sage and says strange stuff about moon water and spirit guides but i still think she believes in Jesus."

I think recently learning to boost my self esteem and make more affirmations. It will be good for those who have confidence issues.

I also recommend to do the same. Even if you are not interested in becoming a witch.

Coming out of the broom closet is very crucial step.
You need to make sure you are ready and know what you want. Double checking your desires wouldn't kill.
Also....make sure the people you talk to are going to listen.
I don't tell my parents because what I say goes out one ear and out the other...they don't mean to its just...not they are interested.
Plus I was given an ultimatum already...and I don't want to push my family to accepting more things about me...
They have been through a lot so it will take time and understanding.
Also I am not in the mood for the preachiness to increase twice as much telling me I am part of Satan's hell spawns.
It would really mean a lot to me to tell them but I guess being in the closet for now...or the right of my life with my family...its not a bug deal currently.
But that's because I have friends who can help me understand more about religious understanding.
I hope that cleared up about certain things.

Next chapter I'll talk about more about my calling.