chapter 37: home

Calum was currently in the shower while me and Luke were getting ready to go to bed.

We were just laying in bed and staring at the staticky tv screen.

"What's gonna happen when we get home?" Luke asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Is it gonna be the same?"

"Of course," I assure him. "At least I want it to be the same."

"I do too. I just hope we can see each other as often as we have been."

"Why wouldn't we?"

"Well because you live so far away from me I-"

"Luke," I cut him off. "I live half an hour away from you."

"Huh?"

"Hornsby is at least half an hour away from Sydney. Where did you think I lived?"

"I thought you lived in Perth?"

"I was born there. My mom took me away from Perth when I was nine and we moved to Hornsby with my step-dad." I explain to Luke.

"Oh my god," He sighs.

Luke wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck.

"God I'm so happy right now,"

~*~

The next day we continued our journey home. Instead of walking we used the rest of our money for a taxi to take us as far as they could.

We got about an hour and a half out until the taxi driver said to get out if we don't have anymore money.

So we got out and continued walking.

I could tell we were near home. By the looks of it, I remember driving past these small town houses and huge trees almost every weekend when my mom sent me and my sister to my grandparents house.

"Where are we gonna go? My parents are gonna be pissed if they see me home out of no where," Calum says.

"We're the closest to my house. Hopefully my sister is home because we can just sneak in her window if my parents are home,"

"After that?" Luke questions.

"We'll figure it out when it happens," I smile at him.

"I just still can't believe we got out of there," Calum sighs.

"I've been dreaming of this day ever since I found out I was gonna be at the damn school," Luke adds.

After almost two hours, we make it to my street and I feel my stomach drop. I'm finally home. I'm finally out of that hell hole called boarding school.

"Holy shit," I sigh once we step onto my driveway.

I can almost feel myself tearing up. I haven't been this happy since I met Luke.