chapter 5: presentation

Today we finally had to turn in our projects and present them in front of the class-which wasn't fun for me since I absolutely hate talking in front of lots of people.

"Good morning class," Mr. Finstock greets the class with a big smile on his face.

"Good morning, Mr. Finstock," the class mumbles in unison.

"So I'm going to be taking random people to start there presentation so I hope you are all prepared," he sits behind his desk, pulling out a clipboard to write our grades on, plus notes on the horrible things we did during our presentation.

"Samantha, you're up first," he smiles at me.

"For fucks sake," I mutter, getting out of my chair.

"Can I sign in to your computer, sir?" I ask not wanting to be up here anymore.

"Oh um yeah," he turns the computer to me to sign in while he connects it to the board.

I sign into my school account to get to the presentation I've been working on for the past two weeks.

I pull up my presentation and start acting like I'm some William Shakespeare expert and I really care about this writer when in all honesty I don't give two fucks.

The class claps and Mr. Finstock thanks me before I go back to my seat and slump down in my chair as I wait for the next person to go up and act like they know what they're talking about when-in all honesty-no one in this class does.

~*~

Lunch comes around and I meet Sara in the courtyard so we can go to the on-campus restaurants-well more like fast food but it's fancier than a McDonald's in the middle of nowhere.

"How did Luke's presentation go?" She asks.

"Well mine went great thanks for asking," I roll my eyes before smirking at her. "Luke kept getting Leonardo Dicaprio mixed up with Da Vinci but besides that it was very boring."

"Hey, I pretty much did that project!" She defends herself, nudging my side.

"Either way, it was still boring."

"You're such a nice friend," she says sarcastically.

"Thanks," I give her a joking smile before hooking my arm around her shoulder as we continue walking.

~*~

After ordering our food, we pull out our homework to start on.

"Excuse me, Sara," I hear a voice that I soon recognize as Luke's next to me.

I look up and there he is; his awkward, tall self standing there.

"Yes, Luke?" Sara looks up at him, raising her eyebrows.

"Um, Mr. Finstock wanted me to find you so you could help me on my history homework," He bites his lip-which is extremely sexy may I add-giving Sara a pleading look.

"Pull up a chair," she sighs, clearing up room for Luke to put his things down.

I want to act like I'm mad, but I can't. I'm actually really glad Sara said yes and Mr. Finstock wants Sara to help him with history.

"Your presentation was nice today, Sam," Luke smiles at me.

"Thanks," I give him a shy smile as I look back at my homework.

While Sara helps Luke with his homework, I sit there awkwardly eating my cheese fries I ordered and listen to their conversations about dead people and wars from centuries ago.

"Hemmings!" I hear someone shout from the entrance of the restaurant.

"Oh no," Luke speaks, barely audible.

I look to the entrance and see two broad shouldered seniors walking over to our table.

"Yes?" Luke looks at them sternly.

"What are you doing here with these two?" The boy with the black fringe hair points to me and Sara.

"I'm helping him with his homework," Sara cuts in. "What are you two doing here? We don't really have time for your stupid remarks."

"Oh, well excuse me, Ms. Priss, but my buddy here," Ashton slaps Luke's back, rather hard. "Is supposed to be at soccer practice."

"I can't go." Luke states.

"Why not?" Ashton stares intently at him.

"Coach said if I don't get my grade up to a high C I can't play,"

"Well you're our best player so get smarter," Michael smacks his back.

"What are you doing here, Clifford?" I ask, confused because he doesn't do soccer.

"Moral support," he shrugs.

"Um, okay?" I answer, very confused.

"See ya, Hemming," Ashton waves to Luke before him and Michael exit the restaurant.

"I didn't know you played soccer," I say to Luke.

"Well you don't know much about me, do you?"

~*~

i got inspired by a vine edit so this story might get real fucked up but that's ok... i hope yall like crazy ass plots bc i sometimes do

i feel so accomplished bc this is my second story i updated today ayeeee

and also this story is fanFICTION so it's not real k thnx

I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO VOTES AND READS AND COMMENTS AND ENJOYS MY STORY IT MEANS A LOT THANKS FOR READING AND EVERYTHING